Re: Battery replacement ?

  • D Byrne
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2011
      Thanks Dick,

      Somewhat embarrassingly I woke up with a start at around 0600 this morning with the single thought in my mind "OMG, I don't remember installing the azimuth drive pivot bolt !!!!", needless to say I wasn't going back to sleep, so I got up and checked the pile of little plastic bags I'd used to keep the various screws and bolts in, to find at the bottom of the box ... the azimuth drive pivot bolt ! Thankfully I hadn't tried to use the scope. With no choice but to dismount the scope and open it up to fix this, I took the opportunity to replace the battery at the same time.

      FWIW, I'm almost positive that it would be impossible to do this from the front panel on the RCX400, as the battery is on the underside of the circuit board, which would fall into the base as soon as the front panel is removed. Without separating the panel and circuit board the cables to the board are too tight to get it out the hole in the front.

      All the best,

      David