Help changing Guiding Rate

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2011
      Hi All,

      What I wont to do is change Guiding Rate from 1X Sidereal to 0.5 or
      -50%, when I go in to Setup Menu > Guiding Rate insted of percent it is
      just +66 but cannot change + to - hope someone can help, as normal Meade
      book is nowhere near what really happens.

      peter
    • johansea
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2011
        Gday Peter

        The % is always positive in the menu
        as how it gets applied depends on the settings
        for "Rev L/R" and "Rev U/D"
        and what keys you press.
        When Polar and at speed 1
        the actual slew speeds used
        are BaseRate +/- the selected % of sidereal
        Thus, if you set it to 66% ( default )
        RA slewing will be at 0.33% or 1.66% sidereal
        ie 5arcsec/sec or 25arcsec/sec
        DEC slewing will be +0.66 sidereal or - 0.66 sidereal
        ie +/- 10arcsec/sec.

        Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

        --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <p1taylor@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > What I wont to do is change Guiding Rate from 1X Sidereal to 0.5 or
        > -50%, when I go in to Setup Menu > Guiding Rate insted of percent it is
        > just +66 but cannot change + to - hope someone can help, as normal Meade
        > book is nowhere near what really happens.
        >
        > peter

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2011

           Tanks Andrew for speedy reply, the +66 is how Meade set it which dos track OK in Polar, from what you say how do I know which it is +/- , because I only wont it negative or is it just try it and see what apens

          peter

           RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "johansea" <johansea@...> wrote:

          > Gday Peter
          >
          > The % is always positive in the menu
          > as how it gets applied depends on the settings
          > for "Rev L/R" and "Rev U/D"
          > and what keys you press.
          > When Polar and at speed 1
          > the actual slew speeds used
          > are BaseRate +/- the selected % of sidereal
          > Thus, if you set it to 66% ( default )
          > RA slewing will be at 0.33% or 1.66% sidereal
          > ie 5arcsec/sec or 25arcsec/sec
          > DEC slewing will be +0.66 sidereal or - 0.66 sidereal
          > ie +/- 10arcsec/sec.
          >
          > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
          >
          > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" p1taylor@ wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > What I wont to do is change Guiding Rate from 1X Sidereal to 0.5 or
          > > -50%, when I go in to Setup Menu > Guiding Rate insted of percent it is
          > > just +66 but cannot change + to - hope someone can help, as normal Meade
          > > book is nowhere near what really happens.
          > >
          > > peter

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 14 , May 2, 2011
            Thanks Andrew for speedy reply, from what you say how do I know whether
            it is in +or - , do I have to try it and see what happens, will it only
            show in guiding, becus it tracs at sidereal iregardles of number put in
            to Guiding Rate.

            peter
            RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "johansea" <johansea@...> wrote:

            > Gday Peter
            >
            > The % is always positive in the menu
            > as how it gets applied depends on the settings
            > for "Rev L/R" and "Rev U/D"
            > and what keys you press.
            > When Polar and at speed 1
            > the actual slew speeds used
            > are BaseRate +/- the selected % of sidereal
            > Thus, if you set it to 66% ( default )
            > RA slewing will be at 0.33% or 1.66% sidereal
            > ie 5arcsec/sec or 25arcsec/sec
            > DEC slewing will be +0.66 sidereal or - 0.66 sidereal
            > ie +/- 10arcsec/sec.
            >
            > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
            >
            > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" p1taylor@ wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi All,
            > >
            > > What I wont to do is change Guiding Rate from 1X Sidereal to 0.5 or
            > > -50%, when I go in to Setup Menu > Guiding Rate insted of percent it
            is
            > > just +66 but cannot change + to - hope someone can help, as normal
            Meade
            > > book is nowhere near what really happens.
            > >
            > > peter

          • johansea
            Message 5 of 14 , May 5, 2011
              Gday Peter

              --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <p1taylor@...> wrote:

              > from what you say how do I know which it is +/- ,
              > because I only wont it negative

              I dont know what you want now,
              as i dont think i understand what you want to do.
              The guide percentage has no sign ( and can have no sign )
              It is applied based on which slew key you press
              or which guide command gets sent.

              Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

              or is it just try it and see what apens

              > peter
              >

              > RCX400@yahoogroups.com <mailto:RCX400@yahoogroups.com> , "johansea"
              > <johansea@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Gday Peter
              > >
              > > The % is always positive in the menu
              > > as how it gets applied depends on the settings
              > > for "Rev L/R" and "Rev U/D"
              > > and what keys you press.
              > > When Polar and at speed 1
              > > the actual slew speeds used
              > > are BaseRate +/- the selected % of sidereal
              > > Thus, if you set it to 66% ( default )
              > > RA slewing will be at 0.33% or 1.66% sidereal
              > > ie 5arcsec/sec or 25arcsec/sec
              > > DEC slewing will be +0.66 sidereal or - 0.66 sidereal
              > > ie +/- 10arcsec/sec.
              > >
              > > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
              > >
              > > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" p1taylor@ wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Hi All,
              > > >
              > > > What I wont to do is change Guiding Rate from 1X Sidereal to 0.5 or
              > > > -50%, when I go in to Setup Menu > Guiding Rate insted of percent it
              > is
              > > > just +66 but cannot change + to - hope someone can help, as normal
              > Meade
              > > > book is nowhere near what really happens.
              > > >
              > > > peter

            • Steve C. Mitchell, Sr.
              Message 6 of 14 , May 5, 2011
                Hey Peter,

                In addition to what Andrew has said, there seems to be some confusion here between "guiding speed" and tracking speed". The guiding speed has absolutely nothing to do with the tracking speed, they are two different things all together. Tracking speed is what the telescope uses to "track" the rate of movement of the sky, such as sidereal, lunar, solar, etc., there is even a custom setting and can be adjusted in the menu tree under "telescope", "tracking speed". The guiding speed can also be adjusted likewise under "telescope", "guiding speed", default is 66% of sidereal speed (therefore much slower than tracking speed) but can be changed to any percentage you wish to use. I prefer to slow mine down to 20% to 25% while autoguiding my RCX400. Guiding is what happens when you are manually guiding the scope through an eyepiece to try and keep a star centered during an imaging session by watching it's movement and manually pushing the up, down, left and right buttons to keep the star on the crosshairs, but is much more commonly used these days by an auto guider program, such as PHD or Meade's Envisage, doing that same thing for you, "automatically"! 8>)

                Does this help clear up any confusion?

                Steve

                Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr, OD
                Scopehill Observatory
                12", RCX400

                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com <mailto:RCX400@yahoogroups.com> , "johansea"
                > <johansea@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Gday
                Peter

                > > The % is always positive in the menu
                > > as how it gets applied depends on the settings
                > > for "Rev L/R"
                and "Rev U/D"
                > > and what keys you press.
                > > When Polar and
                at speed 1
                )

                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" p1taylor@ wrote:

                > > > Hi
                All,

                > > > What I wont to do is change Guiding
                Rate from 1X Sidereal to 0.5 or
                > > > -50%, when I go in to Setup
                Menu > Guiding Rate insted of percent it
                > is
                > > > just
                +66 but cannot change + to - hope someone can help, as normal

                Meade
                > > > book is nowhere near what really happens.
                > > >
                > > > peter

              • Peter
                Message 7 of 14 , May 10, 2011
                  Hi Steve

                  Yes that is just what I needed to know, thanks very much.

                  peter

                  --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Steve C. Mitchell, Sr." <smitchell@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hey Peter,
                  >
                  > In addition to what Andrew has said, there seems to be some confusion
                  here between "guiding speed" and tracking speed". The guiding speed has
                  absolutely nothing to do with the tracking speed, they are two different
                  things all together. Tracking speed is what the telescope uses to
                  "track" the rate of movement of the sky, such as sidereal, lunar, solar,
                  etc., there is even a custom setting and can be adjusted in the menu
                  tree under "telescope", "tracking speed". The guiding speed can also be
                  adjusted likewise under "telescope", "guiding speed", default is 66% of
                  sidereal speed (therefore much slower than tracking speed) but can be
                  changed to any percentage you wish to use. I prefer to slow mine down to
                  20% to 25% while autoguiding my RCX400. Guiding is what happens when you
                  are manually guiding the scope through an eyepiece to try and keep a
                  star centered during an imaging session by watching it's movement and
                  manually pushing the up, down, left and right buttons to keep the star
                  on the crosshairs, but is much more commonly used these days by an auto
                  guider program, such as PHD or Meade's Envisage, doing that same thing
                  for you, "automatically"! 8>)

                  > Does this help clear up any confusion?
                  >
                  > Steve
                  >
                  > Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr, OD
                  > Scopehill Observatory
                  > www.Scopehill.com<http://www.scopehill.com/>
                  > 12", RCX400
                  >

                  > ________________________________
                  Of johansea
                  > Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 9:34 PM
                  > To: RCX400@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: [RCX400] Re: Help changing Guiding Rate
                  >

                  > Gday Peter
                  >
                  > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com>,
                  "Peter" p1taylor@ wrote:

                  > > from what you say how do I know which it is +/- ,
                  > > because I only wont it negative
                  >
                  > I dont know what you want now,
                  > as i dont think i understand what you want to do.
                  > The guide percentage has no sign ( and can have no sign )
                  > It is applied based on which slew key you press
                  > or which guide command gets sent.
                  >
                  > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
                  >
                  > or is it just try it and see what apens
                  > >
                  > > peter
                  > >

                  > > RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com>
                  <mailto:RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com>> ,
                  "johansea"
                  > > <johansea@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Gday Peter
                  > > >
                  > > > The % is always positive in the menu
                  > > > as how it gets applied depends on the settings
                  > > > for "Rev L/R" and "Rev U/D"
                  > > > and what keys you press.
                  > > > When Polar and at speed 1
                  > > > the actual slew speeds used
                  > > > are BaseRate +/- the selected % of sidereal
                  > > > Thus, if you set it to 66% ( default )
                  > > > RA slewing will be at 0.33% or 1.66% sidereal
                  > > > ie 5arcsec/sec or 25arcsec/sec
                  > > > DEC slewing will be +0.66 sidereal or - 0.66 sidereal
                  > > > ie +/- 10arcsec/sec.
                  > > >
                  > > > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com>,

                  > > is
                  > > Meade

                • Steve C. Mitchell, Sr.
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 10, 2011

                    Hey Peter,

                    In my previous post I mentioned a “Custom” setting for the tracking speed, but I forgot to mentioned that in order to get that option, you have to use Dick’s latest patch to the 2.2i software that gives me that and many more enhancements to the autostar II software, but that is a whole other discussion than your original question. Just thought I should be clear about that.

                    wrote:

                    > Hey Peter,
                    >
                    > In addition to what Andrew has said, there seems to be some confusion
                    here between "guiding speed" and tracking speed". The guiding speed has
                    absolutely nothing to do with the tracking speed, they are two different
                    things all together. Tracking speed is what the telescope uses to
                    "track" the rate of movement of the sky, such as sidereal, lunar, solar,
                    etc., there is even a custom setting and can be adjusted in the menu
                    tree under "telescope", "tracking speed". The guiding speed can also be
                    adjusted likewise under "telescope", "guiding speed", default is 66% of
                    sidereal speed (therefore much slower than tracking speed) but can be
                    changed to any percentage you wish to use. I prefer to slow mine down to
                    20% to 25% while autoguiding my RCX400. Guiding is what happens when you
                    are manually guiding the scope through an eyepiece to try and keep a
                    star centered during an imaging session by watching it's movement and
                    manually pushing the up, down, left and right buttons to keep the star
                    on the crosshairs, but is much more commonly used these days by an auto
                    guider program, such as PHD or Meade's Envisage, doing that same thing
                    for you, "automatically"! 8>)

                    > Does this help clear up any confusion?
                    >
                    > Steve
                    >
                    > Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr, OD
                    > Scopehill Observatory
                    > www.Scopehill.com<http://www.scopehill.com/>
                    > 12", RCX400
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                    w:st="on">Australia

                    > > > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com>,

                    to 0.5
                    or
                    of
                    percent it
                    > > is
                    > > Meade

                  • Peter
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 11, 2011
                      Hi Steve,

                      Will it still work OK with 2.2g as I have not upgraded to 2.2i as it all
                      runs OK and dont want to mes it up.

                      wrote:

                      > Hey Peter,
                      >
                      > In my previous post I mentioned a "Custom" setting for the tracking
                      speed, but I forgot to mentioned that in order to get that option, you
                      have to use Dick's latest patch to the 2.2i software that gives me that
                      and many more enhancements to the autostar II software, but that is a
                      whole other discussion than your original question. Just thought I
                      should be clear about that.

                      > Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr., O.D.
                      > Scopehill Observatory
                      > www.Scopehill.com<http://www.scopehill.com/>
                      > 12", RCX400
                      >
                      > ________________________________
                      Of Peter

                      C. Mitchell, Sr." smitchell@
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hey Peter,
                      > >
                      > > In addition to what Andrew has said, there seems to be some
                      confusion
                      > here between "guiding speed" and tracking speed". The guiding speed
                      has
                      > absolutely nothing to do with the tracking speed, they are two
                      different
                      > things all together. Tracking speed is what the telescope uses to
                      > "track" the rate of movement of the sky, such as sidereal, lunar,
                      solar,
                      > etc., there is even a custom setting and can be adjusted in the menu
                      > tree under "telescope", "tracking speed". The guiding speed can also
                      be
                      > adjusted likewise under "telescope", "guiding speed", default is 66%
                      of
                      > sidereal speed (therefore much slower than tracking speed) but can be
                      > changed to any percentage you wish to use. I prefer to slow mine down
                      > 20% to 25% while autoguiding my RCX400. Guiding is what happens when
                      you
                      > are manually guiding the scope through an eyepiece to try and keep a
                      > star centered during an imaging session by watching it's movement and
                      > manually pushing the up, down, left and right buttons to keep the star
                      > on the crosshairs, but is much more commonly used these days by an
                      auto
                      > guider program, such as PHD or Meade's Envisage, doing that same thing
                      > for you, "automatically"! 8>)
                      > >
                      > > Does this help clear up any confusion?
                      > >
                      > > Steve
                      > >
                      > > Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr, OD
                      > > Scopehill Observatory
                      > > www.Scopehill.com<http://www.scopehill.com/>
                      > > 12", RCX400
                      > >

                      > > ________________________________
                      > > From: RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > > > from what you say how do I know which it is +/- ,
                      > > > because I only wont it negative
                      > >
                      > > I dont know what you want now,
                      > > as i dont think i understand what you want to do.
                      > > The guide percentage has no sign ( and can have no sign )
                      > > It is applied based on which slew key you press
                      > > or which guide command gets sent.
                      > >
                      > > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
                      > >
                      > > or is it just try it and see what apens
                      > > >
                      > > > peter

                      RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:RCX400%40\
                      yahoogroups.com>

                      <mailto:RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:R\
                      CX400%40yahoogroups.com>> ,

                      RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:RCX400%40\
                      yahoogroups.com>,

                      > or
                      > percent it
                      > > > is
                      > normal
                      > > > Meade

                    • autostaretx
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 11, 2011
                        2.2g has the ability to change both
                        Setup/Telescope/Guide Rate
                        and
                        Setup/Telescope/Tracking Rate/Custom

                        you do NOT need to patch the firmware.

                        All that the patch does is improve the "fineness" of the Tracking Rate setting (from 0.1% of sidereal to 0.01% of sidereal)

                        have fun
                        --dick

                      • Peter
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 11, 2011
                          Hi Dick,

                          Thanks I will try if cloueds ever clear in UK.

                          peter

                          \
                          > > yahoogroups.com>,

                          RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:RCX400%40\
                          \
                          > > yahoogroups.com>

                          <mailto:RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:R\
                          \
                          > > CX400%40yahoogroups.com>> ,
                          > > > "johansea"

                          RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:RCX400%40\
                          \
                          > > yahoogroups.com>,

                          > > 0.5
                          > > > or
                          > > > percent it
                          > > > normal

                        • Steven Elliott
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 11, 2011
                            Guys,
                            I'm using 2.2i and having no problem with Custom settings at all. Although I believe Dick's patch is pretty good, it seems to work on Custom in my version. WHat's going on?

                            Steve

                            To: RCX400@yahoogroups.com
                            From: p1taylor@...
                            Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:52:28 +0000

                            wrote:

                            > Hey Peter,
                            >
                            > In my previous post I mentioned a "Custom" setting for the tracking
                            speed, but I forgot to mentioned that in order to get that option, you
                            have to use Dick's latest patch to the 2.2i software that gives me that
                            and many more enhancements to the autostar II software, but that is a
                            whole other discussion than your original question. Just thought I
                            should be clear about that.

                            > Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr., O.D.
                            > Scopehill Observatory
                            > www.Scopehill.com<http://www.scopehill.com/>
                            > 12", RCX400
                            >
                            > ________________________________

                          • autostaretx
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 11, 2011
                              All that the patch kits do for *Custom Tracking* is:
                              (a) allow the Autostar to *remember* the Custom Rate across power-ups
                              (the unpatched fimrware reverts to sidereal for the next session)

                              (b) provide ten times finer adjustment (0.01% of sidereal instead of 0.1%)

                              have fun
                              --dick

                              --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, Steven Elliott <steven447@...> wrote:

                              > Guys,
                              > I'm using 2.2i and having no problem with Custom settings at all. Although I believe Dick's patch is pretty good, it seems to work on Custom in my version. WHat's going on?
                              >
                              > Steve
                              >

                              > To: RCX400@yahoogroups.com
                              > From: p1taylor@...
                              > Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:52:28 +0000
                              > Subject: [RCX400] Re: Help changing Guiding Rate
                              >

                              > Hi Steve,
                              >
                              > Will it still work OK with 2.2g as I have not upgraded to 2.2i as it all
                              > runs OK and dont want to mes it up.
                              >
                              > peter
                              >
                              > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Steve C. Mitchell, Sr." <smitchell@>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hey Peter,
                              > >
                              > > In my previous post I mentioned a "Custom" setting for the tracking
                              > speed, but I forgot to mentioned that in order to get that option, you
                              > have to use Dick's latest patch to the 2.2i software that gives me that
                              > and many more enhancements to the autostar II software, but that is a
                              > whole other discussion than your original question. Just thought I
                              > should be clear about that.
                              > >
                              > > Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr., O.D.
                              > > Scopehill Observatory
                              > > www.Scopehill.com<http://www.scopehill.com/>
                              > > 12", RCX400
                              > >
                              > > ________________________________

                            • Steve C. Mitchell, Sr.
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 11, 2011
                                Of course I have to yield to Dick in the exact workings of the software, patched or unpatched, after all he is the programmer of the patches and knows much better than I. Sorry if I caused any confusion and glad Dick cleared it up.

                                Steve

                                Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr, OD
                                Scopehill Observatory
                                12", RCX400

                                All that the patch kits do for *Custom Tracking* is:
                                (a) allow the Autostar to *remember* the Custom Rate across power-ups
                                (the unpatched fimrware reverts to sidereal for the next session)

                                (b) provide ten times finer adjustment (0.01% of sidereal instead of 0.1%)

                                have fun
                                --dick

                                --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, Steven Elliott <steven447@...> wrote:

                                > Guys,
                                > I'm
                                using 2.2i and having no problem with Custom settings at all. Although I believe Dick's patch is pretty good, it seems to work on Custom in my version. WHat's going on?

                                > Steve
                                >

                                > To:
                                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com
                                > From:
                                p1taylor@...
                                > Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:52:28 +0000
                                > Subject:
                                [RCX400] Re: Help changing Guiding Rate

                                > Hi Steve,
                                >
                                > Will it still
                                work OK with 2.2g as I have not upgraded to 2.2i as it all
                                > runs OK and
                                dont want to mes it up.

                                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Steve C. Mitchell, Sr." <smitchell@>
                                > wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hey
                                Peter,

                                > > In my previous post I mentioned a "Custom"
                                setting for the tracking
                                > speed, but I forgot to mentioned that in order
                                to get that option, you
                                > have to use Dick's latest patch to the 2.2i
                                software that gives me that
                                > and many more enhancements to the autostar
                                II software, but that is a
                                > whole other discussion than your original
                                question. Just thought I
                                > should be clear about that.
                                > >
                                > > Stephen C. Mitchell, Sr., O.D.
                                > > Scopehill
                                Observatory
                                > > www.Scopehill.com<
                                href="http://www.scopehill.com/">http://www.scopehill.com/>

                                12", RCX400

                                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com>, "Steve
                                > C. Mitchell, Sr." smitchell@
                                > > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Hey Peter,
                                > > >
                                > > > In
                                addition to what Andrew has said, there seems to be some

                                confusion
                                > > here between "guiding speed" and tracking speed". The
                                guiding speed
                                > has
                                > > absolutely nothing to do with the
                                tracking speed, they are two
                                > different
                                > > things all together.
                                Tracking speed is what the telescope uses to
                                > > "track" the rate of
                                movement of the sky, such as sidereal, lunar,
                                > solar,
                                > > etc.,
                                there is even a custom setting and can be adjusted in the menu
                                > > tree
                                under "telescope", "tracking speed". The guiding speed can also

                                be
                                > > adjusted likewise under "telescope", "guiding speed", default is
                                66%
                                > of
                                > > sidereal speed (therefore much slower than tracking
                                speed) but can be
                                > > changed to any percentage you wish to use. I
                                prefer to slow mine down
                                > > 20% to 25% while autoguiding my
                                RCX400. Guiding is what happens when
                                > you
                                > > are manually
                                guiding the scope through an eyepiece to try and keep a
                                > > star
                                centered during an imaging session by watching it's movement and

                                manually pushing the up, down, left and right buttons to keep the star
                                > > on the crosshairs, but is much more commonly used these days by an

                                auto
                                > > guider program, such as PHD or Meade's Envisage, doing that
                                same thing
                                > > for you, "automatically"! 8>)
                                > > >
                                > > > Does this help clear up any confusion?
                                > > >
                                > > > Steve
                                > > >
                                > > > Stephen C.
                                Mitchell, Sr, OD

                                ________________________________
                                > > > From:
                                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com>

                                > > > I dont know what you want now,
                                > > > as i
                                dont think i understand what you want to do.
                                > > > The guide
                                percentage has no sign ( and can have no sign )
                                > > > It is applied
                                based on which slew key you press
                                > > > or which guide command gets
                                sent.

                                > > > Andrew Johansen Melbourne
                                Australia

                                > > > or is it just try it and see what
                                apens

                                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:RCX400%40\

                                yahoogroups.com>

                                > <mailto:
                                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:R\

                                CX400%40yahoogroups.com>> ,
                                > > "johansea"

                                <johansea@> wrote:

                                Gday Peter

> [...]
                                always positive in the menu
                                U/D"
                                speeds used

                                href="mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com">RCX400@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RCX400%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:RCX400%40\

                                yahoogroups.com>,
                                > > "Peter" p1taylor@ wrote:

                                Hi All,

                                wont to do is change Guiding Rate from 1X Sidereal to
                                > 0.5

                                or
                                Guiding Rate insted of