64-bit driver

  • phillipcoker
    Message 1 of 139 , Dec 2, 2010
      With 32-bit laptops quickly becoming obsolete, I wonder if Meade is working on a 64-bit driver for the RCX400. Perhaps a 64-bit driver that is ASCOM compatible. Does anyone know?

      Phil
    • Steve C. Mitchell, Sr., O.D.
      Message 139 of 139 , Jun 8, 2014

        Hey Guys,

        I’ve not been very active on here for the last several weeks since as many of you know I have moved on from my RCX and purchased a CGE Pro GEM mount and the new Meade 12” LX850 OTA to put on it and it is a great system.

        I know also this is not really a place to try and sell things, but since it is an RCX forum there should be more people here that might be interested in my scope for lots of reasons, so I’ll take the risk one time! I was finally able to get a focus motor from Meade, but by the time that happened I had already moved on. I installed the new motor and played with the scope a little bit on its tripod, but since my new mount was in the observatory, I wasn’t too interested anymore. I don’t have the focuser/collimation working properly, but I’m convinced it is still fixable. At this point I don’t care to work on it anymore and have decided to sell it to the highest bidder. Thinking here would be a good place to start. If nothing else, it is loaded with many hundreds of dollars of motors, boards, etc! (Just one focus motor was $120. Motherboards are what, $250?)  No doubt if someone has another non-working RCX, and has the mind to, they could make one good one. If anyone is interested, please contact me off list at: smitchell at theeyecenters dot com. Any reasonable offer will be considered.

        Thanks,

        Steve

        Stephen C Mitchell Sr OD

        Scopehill Observatory