Re: Prempro Results

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 23, 2010
      --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterproulx@...> wrote:

      > I recently ran Pempro and was able to refine the PE down to a 8 arc sec PE. Can I expect to get this down further? What have been your results if you have used Pempro?
      >
      > Thanks;
      >
      > Peter

      I thought tracking was down to 5 arc sec's on RCX's before any external improvements or was that Meade blowing hot air? What were you getting before running Pempro?

      Jon
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 24, 2010
        Jon;

        The periodic error is for the RA only, this is a scope mounted on a wedge and polar aligned. There is however adjustments for backlash that at least for me have worked well.

        Peter

        --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Jon" <jon@...> wrote:

        > Are you getting the same results in RA and DEC? I have been talking with some people who have got very good results on RA but that the DEC has huge backlash issues. I was wondering if this is a problem on all RCX's or just a few?
        >
        > Jon
        >
        > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <peterproulx@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I recently ran Pempro and was able to refine the PE down to a 8 arc sec PE. Can I expect to get this down further? What have been your results if you have used Pempro?
        > >
        > > Thanks;
        > >
        > > Peter

      • Jon
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 28, 2010
          As I understand it when auto guiding even in polar aligned mode some DEC corrections are made and it is these that have affected long exposures to a negative degree. One guy wrote to me regarding it and is now deforking over the DEC wobble as there is little he can do about it. He was visiting with a meade engineer and the other RCX's there had the same DEC wobble but that does not mean that all RCX's have it and some may have it to a greater degree then others. Maybe hyper tuning the DEC would help?

          Jon

          --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "johansea" <johansea@...> wrote:

          > Gday Lawrence
          >
          > Not sure if DEC PEC is broken in the RCX as it is in the LX200,
          > but if it did work correctly, and is turned on,
          > it is actually factored into positional calculations.
          > Thus, if you had really lousy PE, it would still assist a bit in that repect, ( even if polar )
          >
          > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
          >
          > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, Lawrence Harris <lawrence@> wrote:
          > >
          > > >Re: Prempro Results
          > > > Posted by: "Peter" peterproulx@ pproulxastro
          > > > Date: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:14 am ((PDT))
          > > >
          > > >Jon;
          > > >
          > > >I did not train in DEC - I use the scope in polar aligned mode and I would assume the DEC PEC would be critical if you were to use Alt/Az.
          > > >
          > > >Peter

          > > The general understanding is that you do not need to train in dec; instead use
          > > the backlash measurement/correction facility in Pempro, but first do the
          > > backlash calibration provided within the RCX400 firmware.
          > >
          > > regards
          > >
          > > Lawrence
          > > author: 'So you want a Meade LX telescope'
          > > http://www.springer.com/astronomy/book/978-1-4419-1774-4?changeHeader

        • Jason Ware
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 9, 2010

            Balance is EXTREMELY important for reducing declination issues.

            --
             -Jason Ware

                   VISIT MY ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY HOMEPAGE!!
                ASTRO IMAGES FOR DOWN-LOAD, TIPS, REPRINTS