RCX400 OTA Project

  • philrussell2002
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2010
      I am interested to know if anyone has successfully converted the RCX400 into a standalone OTA keeping the focus, collimation, dew heater and fan functions intact operated remotely via the serial port. I know there has been some previous discussion about this and it would be interesting to know if any progress has been made. Needless to say, I am interested in going this route myself having just bought a Paramount ME. It would be a pity to break up my existing RCX400-12" system which I could sell as a working unit but the attraction of doing the conversion would be to retain the OTA and its brilliant optics at hopefully not too much of a delta in cost.

      Clear Skies

      Phil Russell
      Cygnus Observatory
      Hampshire UK