Park / GoTo issue

  • jegerbekk
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
      I've recently encountered a problem with parking my scope and its ability to maintain goto pointing accuracy. As long as I've had my scope (4+ years), the parking process has always worked well. In fact, at one point it sat idle for more than 6 months. I fired it up, selected Saturn, and it put it dead in the middle of the FOV. I was amazed…

      The problem:

      After parking, the goto pointing accuracy is off over 4 hours in RA. Somehow the scope thinks Arcturus is at 18:34:57, instead of around 14:16:00. Dec seems to hold where it should, at around 19 07'. A subsequent park returns the scope to its normal Park position. Any and all power-ups after the park exhibit the same exact behavior. i.e. it doesn't get progressively worse.

      The issue is repeatable, and consistent. Here's the process I go through:

      - Align scope using a one star process. GoTo's are good and puts objects within FOV of 24mm eyepiece. (scope is permanently mounted, polar mode).
      - Set Park position. GoTo's are still good.
      - Park scope and power off.
      - Power on, GoTo Arcturus.
      - GPS is taken, scope slews, but points way to far east... back to RA 18:34:57.

      The scope thinks it is pointing to Arcturus, but AutoStar suite knows better, it shows where the scope is actually pointing.

      I've checked the Site, Long., Lat, and time. All are accurate before and after the park/restart process.

      I should also note that I can re-align the scope with a one star alignment process, without powering off after a Parked restart and it fixes the issue.

      Sure hope I can resolve this, it's a pain to re-align every night out.

      Any suggestions, comments, or questions would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Brook
    • johansea
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
        Gday Brook

        There is a known park bug in the LX200GPS code,
        but i don't know if it exists in the RCX.
        Have you ever done a manual 2 star align then parked????
        If so it may be the same thing
        To test, just grab a copy of my PEC editor ( beta copy )
        http://members.optusnet.com.au/johansea/
        Start your scope up and connect my app to it.
        After it connects and grabs all the data,
        go to the Lists tab and select the MiscData sub tab,
        In the lower listing, look for two entries in List1
        "LST Delta at Park" and "Absolute Pole Offset at Park"
        They should be zero or close to it
        If the LST delta at park is approx 4hrs, then that's pretty much your problem.

        Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

        --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "jegerbekk" <jegerbekk@...> wrote:

        > I've recently encountered a problem with parking my scope and its ability to maintain goto pointing accuracy. As long as I've had my scope (4+ years), the parking process has always worked well. In fact, at one point it sat idle for more than 6 months. I fired it up, selected Saturn, and it put it dead in the middle of the FOV. I was amazed…
        >
        > The problem:
        >
        > After parking, the goto pointing accuracy is off over 4 hours in RA. Somehow the scope thinks Arcturus is at 18:34:57, instead of around 14:16:00. Dec seems to hold where it should, at around 19 07'. A subsequent park returns the scope to its normal Park position. Any and all power-ups after the park exhibit the same exact behavior. i.e. it doesn't get progressively worse.
        >
        > The issue is repeatable, and consistent. Here's the process I go through:
        >
        > - Align scope using a one star process. GoTo's are good and puts objects within FOV of 24mm eyepiece. (scope is permanently mounted, polar mode).
        > - Set Park position. GoTo's are still good.
        > - Park scope and power off.
        > - Power on, GoTo Arcturus.
        > - GPS is taken, scope slews, but points way to far east... back to RA 18:34:57.
        >
        > The scope thinks it is pointing to Arcturus, but AutoStar suite knows better, it shows where the scope is actually pointing.
        >
        > I've checked the Site, Long., Lat, and time. All are accurate before and after the park/restart process.
        >
        > I should also note that I can re-align the scope with a one star alignment process, without powering off after a Parked restart and it fixes the issue.
        >
        > Sure hope I can resolve this, it's a pain to re-align every night out.
        >
        > Any suggestions, comments, or questions would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Brook

      • autostaretx
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
          Note that he's defining a Custom Park position
          (which he hasn't specified).

          Brook: where -are- you trying to park?
          Some spots are "touchy" by being very close to where the
          Autostar thinks it needs to "go around" to avoid getting
          too close to the hard stops.
          (the touchy point is 180 degrees away (in RA) from the
          "default" park position)

          have fun
          --dick

          --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "johansea" <johansea@...> wrote:

          > Gday Brook
          >
          > There is a known park bug in the LX200GPS code,
          > but i don't know if it exists in the RCX.
          > Have you ever done a manual 2 star align then parked????
          > If so it may be the same thing
          > To test, just grab a copy of my PEC editor ( beta copy )
          > http://members.optusnet.com.au/johansea/
          > Start your scope up and connect my app to it.
          > After it connects and grabs all the data,
          > go to the Lists tab and select the MiscData sub tab,
          > In the lower listing, look for two entries in List1
          > "LST Delta at Park" and "Absolute Pole Offset at Park"
          > They should be zero or close to it
          > If the LST delta at park is approx 4hrs, then that's pretty much your problem.
          >
          > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
          >

          > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "jegerbekk" <jegerbekk@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've recently encountered a problem with parking my scope and its ability to maintain goto pointing accuracy. As long as I've had my scope (4+ years), the parking process has always worked well. In fact, at one point it sat idle for more than 6 months. I fired it up, selected Saturn, and it put it dead in the middle of the FOV. I was amazed�
          > >
          > > The problem:
          > >
          > > After parking, the goto pointing accuracy is off over 4 hours in RA. Somehow the scope thinks Arcturus is at 18:34:57, instead of around 14:16:00. Dec seems to hold where it should, at around 19 07'. A subsequent park returns the scope to its normal Park position. Any and all power-ups after the park exhibit the same exact behavior. i.e. it doesn't get progressively worse.
          > >
          > > The issue is repeatable, and consistent. Here's the process I go through:
          > >
          > > - Align scope using a one star process. GoTo's are good and puts objects within FOV of 24mm eyepiece. (scope is permanently mounted, polar mode).
          > > - Set Park position. GoTo's are still good.
          > > - Park scope and power off.
          > > - Power on, GoTo Arcturus.
          > > - GPS is taken, scope slews, but points way to far east... back to RA 18:34:57.
          > >
          > > The scope thinks it is pointing to Arcturus, but AutoStar suite knows better, it shows where the scope is actually pointing.
          > >
          > > I've checked the Site, Long., Lat, and time. All are accurate before and after the park/restart process.
          > >
          > > I should also note that I can re-align the scope with a one star alignment process, without powering off after a Parked restart and it fixes the issue.
          > >
          > > Sure hope I can resolve this, it's a pain to re-align every night out.
          > >
          > > Any suggestions, comments, or questions would be appreciated.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Brook

        • johansea
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
            Gday Dick

            In the LX200, the bug had 2 incarnations
            ( and affected custom parks as well as std ones )
            1) Scope parked correctly but gotos afterwards were off
            2) Scope would always park incorrectly
            I never found out exactly how/why each one was triggered
            but they all had the corrupt data ( mainly LST delta )

            --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > >
            > > > - Align scope using a one star process. GoTo's are good and puts objects within FOV of 24mm eyepiece. (scope is permanently mounted, polar mode).
            > > > - Set Park position. GoTo's are still good.
            > > > - Park scope and power off.
            > > > - Power on, GoTo Arcturus.
            > > > - GPS is taken, scope slews, but points way to far east... back to RA 18:34:57.
            > > >
            > > > The scope thinks it is pointing to Arcturus, but AutoStar suite knows better, it shows where the scope is actually pointing.
            > > >
            > > > I've checked the Site, Long., Lat, and time. All are accurate before and after the park/restart process.
            > > >
            > > > I should also note that I can re-align the scope with a one star alignment process, without powering off after a Parked restart and it fixes the issue.
            > > >
            > > > Sure hope I can resolve this, it's a pain to re-align every night out.
            > > >
            > > > Any suggestions, comments, or questions would be appreciated.

          • Stuart Thomson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
              Mine had pretty much the same problem. I replaced the contents of it's brain and it all went away. I think that the software in the scope gets corrupted somehow and things go pear shaped.

              Cheers
              Stuart

            • Brook Risner
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
                Thanks Andrew, I have your PEC editor and will check out the values
                you've mentioned.

                If it is the LST Delta at Park, is there a fix/work around? Note that
                my Park process has worked near flawlessly for 4 years.

                Thanks,
                Brook

                On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:04 PM, johansea <johansea@...> wrote:

                > Gday Brook
                >
                > There is a known park bug in the LX200GPS code,
                > but i don't know if it exists in the RCX.
                > Have you ever done a manual 2 star align then parked????
                > If so it may be the same thing
                > To test, just grab a copy of my PEC editor ( beta copy )
                > http://members.optusnet.com.au/johansea/
                > Start your scope up and connect my app to it.
                > After it connects and grabs all the data,
                > go to the Lists tab and select the MiscData sub tab,
                > In the lower listing, look for two entries in List1
                > "LST Delta at Park" and "Absolute Pole Offset at Park"
                > They should be zero or close to it
                > If the LST delta at park is approx 4hrs, then that's pretty much your
                > problem.
                >
                > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
                >
                > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "jegerbekk" <jegerbekk@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> I've recently encountered a problem with parking my scope and its ability
                >> to maintain goto pointing accuracy. As long as I've had my scope (4+ years),
                >> the parking process has always worked well. In fact, at one point it sat
                >> idle for more than 6 months. I fired it up, selected Saturn, and it put it
                >> dead in the middle of the FOV. I was amazed…
                >>
                >> The problem:
                >>
                >> After parking, the goto pointing accuracy is off over 4 hours in RA.
                >> Somehow the scope thinks Arcturus is at 18:34:57, instead of around
                >> 14:16:00. Dec seems to hold where it should, at around 19 07'. A subsequent
                >> park returns the scope to its normal Park position. Any and all power-ups
                >> after the park exhibit the same exact behavior. i.e. it doesn't get
                >> progressively worse.
                >>
                >> The issue is repeatable, and consistent. Here's the process I go through:
                >>
                >> - Align scope using a one star process. GoTo's are good and puts objects
                >> within FOV of 24mm eyepiece. (scope is permanently mounted, polar mode).
                >> - Set Park position. GoTo's are still good.
                >> - Park scope and power off.
                >> - Power on, GoTo Arcturus.
                >> - GPS is taken, scope slews, but points way to far east... back to RA
                >> 18:34:57.
                >>
                >> The scope thinks it is pointing to Arcturus, but AutoStar suite knows
                >> better, it shows where the scope is actually pointing.
                >>
                >> I've checked the Site, Long., Lat, and time. All are accurate before and
                >> after the park/restart process.
                >>
                >> I should also note that I can re-align the scope with a one star alignment
                >> process, without powering off after a Parked restart and it fixes the issue.
                >>
                >> Sure hope I can resolve this, it's a pain to re-align every night out.
                >>
                >> Any suggestions, comments, or questions would be appreciated.
                >>
                >> Thanks,
                >> Brook

              • Brook Risner
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
                  Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply.

                  I park the scope so it points due south and the OTA is level to the ground.

                  http://home.earthlink.net/~brookrisner/id15.html

                  This is the generally the position I've used *forever*. Although,
                  recently I had problems with a focuser motor and in an attempt to
                  remedy that, Meade support had me reset AutoStar. The focuser motor
                  issue turned out to be a dirty encoder (cleaning it fixed the
                  problem), meaning I didn't need to reset AutoStar... After the reset
                  I had to define (re-define) my custom park position and that's when I
                  noticed the problem.

                  Thanks again,
                  Brook

                  On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM, autostaretx <rseymour@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  >> > within FOV of 24mm eyepiece. (scope is permanently mounted, polar mode).
                  >> > - Set Park position. GoTo's are still good.
                  >> > - Park scope and power off.
                  >> > - Power on, GoTo Arcturus.
                  >> > - GPS is taken, scope slews, but points way to far east... back to RA
                  >> > 18:34:57.
                  >> >
                  >> > The scope thinks it is pointing to Arcturus, but AutoStar suite knows
                  >> > better, it shows where the scope is actually pointing.
                  >> >
                  >> > I've checked the Site, Long., Lat, and time. All are accurate before and
                  >> > after the park/restart process.
                  >> >
                  >> > I should also note that I can re-align the scope with a one star
                  >> > alignment process, without powering off after a Parked restart and it fixes
                  >> > the issue.
                  >> >
                  >> > Sure hope I can resolve this, it's a pain to re-align every night out.
                  >> >
                  >> > Any suggestions, comments, or questions would be appreciated.

                • Brook Risner
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
                    oops, meant Dick, not Andrew... but thanks to both of you...

                  • Brook Risner
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
                      I think that's where I'm at too. I'm currently running Dick's 'G'
                      version, so I'll probably take the opportunity to upgrade to the
                      latest version, 'I' I think...

                      Thanks,
                      Brook

                      On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Stuart Thomson <rat156@...> wrote:

                      > Mine had pretty much the same problem. I replaced the contents of it's brain
                      > and it all went away. I think that the software in the scope gets corrupted
                      > somehow and things go pear shaped.
                      >
                      > Cheers
                      > Stuart
                      >
                      > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "johansea" <johansea@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Gday Dick
                      >>
                      >> In the LX200, the bug had 2 incarnations
                      >> ( and affected custom parks as well as std ones )
                      >> 1) Scope parked correctly but gotos afterwards were off
                      >> 2) Scope would always park incorrectly
                      >> I never found out exactly how/why each one was triggered
                      >> but they all had the corrupt data ( mainly LST delta )
                      >>
                      >> Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
                      >>
                      >> --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "autostaretx" <rseymour@> wrote:
                      >> >
                      >> > Note that he's defining a Custom Park position
                      >> > (which he hasn't specified).
                      >> >
                      >> > Brook: where -are- you trying to park?
                      >> > Some spots are "touchy" by being very close to where the
                      >> > Autostar thinks it needs to "go around" to avoid getting
                      >> > too close to the hard stops.
                      >> > (the touchy point is 180 degrees away (in RA) from the
                      >> > "default" park position)
                      >> >
                      >> > have fun
                      >> > --dick

                    • Brook Risner
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
                        LST Delta at Park had a value of "19:41:18 -> (-1.1291)".

                        Absolute Pole Offset at Park was "0".

                        I reloaded firmware to version 2.2I. It zero'd out LST Delta at Park
                        and now all is well.

                        That value must have gotten corrupted somehow...

                        Park and GoTo's are working great again.

                      • johansea
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 3, 2009
                          Gday Brook

                          --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, Brook Risner <jegerbekk@...> wrote:

                          > LST Delta at Park had a value of "19:41:18

                          Perfect :-) That's pretty much nailed it.
                          Ie Re
                          >> Somehow the scope thinks Arcturus is at 18:34:57,
                          >> instead of around 14:16:00.

                          18:34:57 - 14:16:00 = 04:18:57 <- error you see
                          24:00:00 - 19:41:18 = 04:18:42 <- LST error at park

                          > I reloaded firmware to version 2.2I.
                          > It zero'd out LST Delta at Park
                          > and now all is well.

                          Hmm, it means the same bug is in the RCXs as well
                          Reloading firmware is a last resort,
                          as the offending data can be zeroed via serial means.
                          ( Or you can set yr scope to alt/az mode ( whilst on the pier )
                          Do a dummy manual 2 star align ( and accept the stars blindly )
                          Once aligned, park then unpark
                          Then set back to Polar, reboot and do a polar one star
                          ( Its easier to do the serial data reset )

                          > That value must have gotten corrupted somehow...

                          So far, it has only shown up after doing polar 2 star aligns
                          then parking ( when the align was > 5' from the pole )
                          The fact your pole offset was zero, leads me to believe its not the cause this time :-(

                          > Park and GoTo's are working great again.

                          Good to hear

                          Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

                          > Thanks,
                          > Brook
                          >

                          > On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:04 PM, johansea <johansea@...> wrote:
                          > >

                          > > Gday Brook
                          > >
                          > > There is a known park bug in the LX200GPS code,
                          > > but i don't know if it exists in the RCX.
                          > > Have you ever done a manual 2 star align then parked????
                          > > If so it may be the same thing
                          > > To test, just grab a copy of my PEC editor ( beta copy )
                          > > http://members.optusnet.com.au/johansea/
                          > > Start your scope up and connect my app to it.
                          > > After it connects and grabs all the data,
                          > > go to the Lists tab and select the MiscData sub tab,
                          > > In the lower listing, look for two entries in List1
                          > > "LST Delta at Park" and "Absolute Pole Offset at Park"
                          > > They should be zero or close to it
                          > > If the LST delta at park is approx 4hrs, then that's pretty much your
                          > > problem.
                          > >
                          > > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
                          > >
                          > > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, "jegerbekk" <jegerbekk@> wrote:
                          > >>
                          > >> I've recently encountered a problem with parking my scope and its ability
                          > >> to maintain goto pointing accuracy. As long as I've had my scope (4+ years),
                          > >> the parking process has always worked well. In fact, at one point it sat
                          > >> idle for more than 6 months. I fired it up, selected Saturn, and it put it
                          > >> dead in the middle of the FOV. I was amazed…
                          > >>
                          > >> The problem:
                          > >>
                          > >> After parking, the goto pointing accuracy is off over 4 hours in RA.
                          > >> Somehow the scope thinks Arcturus is at 18:34:57, instead of around
                          > >> 14:16:00. Dec seems to hold where it should, at around 19 07'. A subsequent
                          > >> park returns the scope to its normal Park position. Any and all power-ups
                          > >> after the park exhibit the same exact behavior. i.e. it doesn't get
                          > >> progressively worse.
                          > >>
                          > >> The issue is repeatable, and consistent. Here's the process I go through:
                          > >>
                          > >> - Align scope using a one star process. GoTo's are good and puts objects
                          > >> within FOV of 24mm eyepiece. (scope is permanently mounted, polar mode).
                          > >> - Set Park position. GoTo's are still good.
                          > >> - Park scope and power off.
                          > >> - Power on, GoTo Arcturus.
                          > >> - GPS is taken, scope slews, but points way to far east... back to RA
                          > >> 18:34:57.
                          > >>
                          > >> The scope thinks it is pointing to Arcturus, but AutoStar suite knows
                          > >> better, it shows where the scope is actually pointing.
                          > >>
                          > >> I've checked the Site, Long., Lat, and time. All are accurate before and
                          > >> after the park/restart process.
                          > >>
                          > >> I should also note that I can re-align the scope with a one star alignment
                          > >> process, without powering off after a Parked restart and it fixes the issue.
                          > >>
                          > >> Sure hope I can resolve this, it's a pain to re-align every night out.
                          > >>
                          > >> Any suggestions, comments, or questions would be appreciated.
                          > >>
                          > >> Thanks,
                          > >> Brook

                        • Brook Risner
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
                            Interesting info. Thanks Andrew.

                            I will tell you that a few weeks ago, when I had the focuser motor
                            problem and reset AutoStar, I played around with the different
                            alignment methods (couldn't remember how I did it before, because it
                            was literally years ago that I did my last alignment) and I got weird
                            results when trying 2 star alignments. There's no way I could
                            accurately detail the steps I went through, but I know I saw some pole
                            offsets that were way off. And, I was setting custom park positions
                            too. Perhaps that led to the park/goto issues I ultimately
                            encountered...

                            - Brook

                            On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 5:26 PM, johansea <johansea@...> wrote:

                            > Gday Brook
                            >
                            > --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, Brook Risner <jegerbekk@...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >> LST Delta at Park had a value of "19:41:18
                            >
                            > Perfect :-) That's pretty much nailed it.
                            > Ie Re
                            >>> Somehow the scope thinks Arcturus is at 18:34:57,
                            >>> instead of around 14:16:00.
                            >
                            > 18:34:57 - 14:16:00 = 04:18:57 <- error you see
                            > 24:00:00 - 19:41:18 = 04:18:42 <- LST error at park
                            >
                            >> I reloaded firmware to version 2.2I.
                            >> It zero'd out LST Delta at Park
                            >> and now all is well.
                            >
                            > Hmm, it means the same bug is in the RCXs as well
                            > Reloading firmware is a last resort,
                            > as the offending data can be zeroed via serial means.
                            > ( Or you can set yr scope to alt/az mode ( whilst on the pier )
                            > Do a dummy manual 2 star align ( and accept the stars blindly )
                            > Once aligned, park then unpark
                            > Then set back to Polar, reboot and do a polar one star
                            > ( Its easier to do the serial data reset )
                            >
                            >> That value must have gotten corrupted somehow...
                            >
                            > So far, it has only shown up after doing polar 2 star aligns
                            > then parking ( when the align was > 5' from the pole )
                            > The fact your pole offset was zero, leads me to believe its not the cause
                            > this time :-(
                            >
                            >> Park and GoTo's are working great again.
                            >
                            > Good to hear
                            >
                            > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia
                            >

                            >> Thanks,
                            >> Brook
                            >>

                            >> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:04 PM, johansea <johansea@...> wrote:
                            >> >

                            >> > Gday Brook
                            >> >
                            >> > There is a known park bug in the LX200GPS code,
                            >> > but i don't know if it exists in the RCX.
                            >> > Have you ever done a manual 2 star align then parked????
                            >> > If so it may be the same thing
                            >> > To test, just grab a copy of my PEC editor ( beta copy )
                            >> > http://members.optusnet.com.au/johansea/
                            >> > Start your scope up and connect my app to it.
                            >> > After it connects and grabs all the data,
                            >> > go to the Lists tab and select the MiscData sub tab,
                            >> > In the lower listing, look for two entries in List1
                            >> > "LST Delta at Park" and "Absolute Pole Offset at Park"
                            >> > They should be zero or close to it
                            >> > If the LST delta at park is approx 4hrs, then that's pretty much your
                            >> > problem.
                            >> >
                            >> > Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

                          • krolak57
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
                              I am glad to have seen this discussion train. I just did a upgrade to
                              2.2i on my RCx 10 and have noticed this same problem when using the
                              scope the last few times. I will reload the update and hopefully, that
                              will solve the problem!. Thanks to all

                            • johansea
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
                                Gday Brook

                                --- In RCX400@yahoogroups.com, Brook Risner <jegerbekk@...> wrote:

                                > Interesting info. Thanks Andrew.
                                >
                                > I will tell you that a few weeks ago, when I had the focuser motor
                                > problem and reset AutoStar, I played around with the different
                                > alignment methods (couldn't remember how I did it before,

                                Ahhhhh, the truth comes out ;-)
                                Anyway, I'm happier now, as that at least gives a plausible explanation to why it started misbehaving.

                                > and I got weird results when trying 2 star alignments.

                                If you got weird results when doing a "polar 2 star" align,
                                then that is probably a separate bug ( That is also in the LX200GPS).
                                In the LX200GPS, if you have a perfectly polar aligned scope
                                ( ie well drifted ) and do a polar 2 star, if the first star is off by more than a few arcmins, and you centre it using the Hbx,
                                it completely screws up the result.
                                If you centre the first star manually as best you can ( by releasing the RA and DEC clutches ), then only fine centre using the Hbx
                                It works correctly.
                                Aren't you glad you asked :-)

                                Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia