Thankyou Group

  • andy_g8ozd <andy_g8ozd@yahoo.co.uk>
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2003
      Hello guys,
      thankyou Tom VE3MEO for pointing out the obvious location
      for the "maps" in .PDF. I think that I must have been suffering from
      a "sudden attack of thick-headedness" ;-)

      Have carried out the filter decoupling mods on my new acquisition now
      too and am now even more satisfied with a very good radio, the best
      HF Rx I've had in the 25 years I've had my (VHF/UHF) call!

      The next thing now is to look at the AGC as I find that here in the
      UK, mainly listening on 7MHz and 14MHz SSB during daylight that it's
      best to have the RF gain at 12 O'clock and use it as a kind of cut or
      boost control as required. I think I'll look at the control linearity
      mod and the AGC signal cct mods next.

      Antenna is a random wire with a homebrew ATU BTW :-)

      Cheers n beers to all the rest of you in the group, Andy