Re: [RADIOSHACKDX394] Re: Rejuvenate Our ​​DX394 with USB TV stick

  • R. Mark Barnett
    Message 1 of 12 , May 16, 2013
      Thank You Marco, that should keep me busy reading for a while!

      Mark B.  N8PGV

      Message 2 of 12 , May 17, 2013
        hi all
        i'm currently using one of the chinese ebay dongles with standard antenna for ADS-B (using RTL1090 & planeplotter), & have another on the way for airband (SDR),
        pic uploaded to show coverage,(green are mine, blue shared)

        cheers
        JOHN, 5 miles west EGGP 09
        WIRRALACARS
        Planeplotter sharer r1
      • carrdave_1963
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 22, 2014
          I did this worthwhile mod to my DX-394 because I was seriously thinking about getting a HF downconverter to be able to receive SW & HAM radio transmissions but when I saw this mod I decided to tap the 45 MHz wideband IF signal on mine & feed that straight into my TV dongle that I already had dedicated for SDR work & I'm using HDSDR for my demodulating & signal processing with excellent results.
        • josephrot
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 23, 2014
            RE: <<  I did this worthwhile mod to my DX-394 because I was seriously thinking about getting a HF downconverter to be able to receive SW & HAM radio transmissions but when I saw this mod I decided to tap the 45 MHz wideband IF signal on mine & feed that straight into my TV dongle that I already had dedicated for SDR work & I'm using HDSDR for my demodulating & signal processing with excellent results.  >>

            Coupling the DX-394A or B to an RTL2832 and R820T (we have NooELEC dongles here and for use with our SDR-oriented workshops we give) is both functional and would be of great interest to our SDR and DX-394 users -- many here have both the dongles and the DX-394, and we all happen to use latest version of Simon Brown's SDR-Radio software.

            We might gather all the images, documentations, ideas for doing this and create a small comprehensive "publication" to show how it's done, perhaps also a digital video, say that could be posted to YouTube or a website ??

            Showing the results visually might spur others to tackle the idea, and benefit too.

            I am game to assist, if you care to drop me an email or contact me on Skype...and I would be happy to phone you if you are in North America.

            Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA
            Email: joerotello at windowgroup dot com
            Skype: joerotello
          • Ernie Rice