Re: Newbie from Luton, UK says hello

  • Mash
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 24, 2013
      Thanks, Mark.

      I got quite excited yesterday morning when I managed to resolve some CW using fldigi and the 394 just sat upon my desk near the window using it's telescopic antenna. The signal faded away into the noise after a couple of minutes, but it's given me some encouragement to pursue this further.
      I have lots of questions about using fldigi (and others) with the 394, but I shall have to have a read through this group - when I have a bit more time - before starting any new threads.

      Cheers
      Mark

      --- In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com, "R. Mark Barnett" <orgelkraft@...> wrote:

      > Hi Mark,
      >
      > It seems the poor antenna is the enemy of wives worldwide! I have one in the
      > attic (an antenna, not wife) and a long-wire in the backyard. It took a bit of
      > bargaining to get the long-wire up without grief.. or sleeping with the
      > lawnmower...
      >
      > Welcome back to the hobby! I hope you can get a great antenna up, inside or
      > out...
      > Mark B. N8PGV

    • Mash
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 24, 2013
        Hi Steve,

        Hmmm.. your loft antenna design looks like it might be just what I need! I shall certainly look into that. Thanks.
        I discovered yesterday that even getting a length of RG58 down from the loft into my little room/shack is going to be harder and more problematic than I first thought.
        Why are these things never easy? :(

        Cheers
        Mark