Re: [RADIOSHACKDX394] Indoor antenna for DX-394

  • Robert Finnis
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi

      I am currently using a 'broomstick' antenna on my 394 with acceptable results.
      I intend to build a 'carpet loop' when I get time. This is a loop of rotator
      or phone cable looped around the periphery of the room, connected to a tuner
      unit that allows the number of loops to be changed.

      Details here:
      http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/hidden/carploop.html

      If you can get an outside antenna, a long wire is supposed to be good.

      I live in a rented house in a fussy area, so I cannot get away with outside
      antennas.

      Hope this helps

      Robert.
      UK