Re: Oscilloscopes - what to look for?

  • jchajecki
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1 5:41 AM
    • mertivsvyna
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2 5:27 AM
        I haven't seen that 4 channel mini scope that's on Ebay before but it looks pretty sharp and very portable.

        I have a Rigol DS1000E and although I prefer the Tektronix models of similar size and capabilities, you can't beat the Rigol's $329 price.
        I would recommend it, especially for casual/hobby use.

        Chris
        K3CW
      • peter.french@talk21.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2 6:10 AM
          Hi,
          I don't wish to bend any posting rules so I had better say that I do have a highly modified DX394 (a few years now on this forum) but I also work (near retirement!) on the technical support desk of a UK oscilloscope manufacturer, Pico Technology.
          An oscilloscope is useful but not essential for aligning a radio but very useful for repairs & mods. I could recommend a basic model from my company but I won't here, just contact me at "support@..." (attn:- Peter) or on my home email.
          What I will do is give you a link to a short tutorial on our website explaining the differences between an older bench scope and PC based scopes as we manufacture. Fairly old now but worth a look!
          http://www.picotech.com/applications/oscilloscope_tutorial.html
          Peter French (mx5pmf)