Introduction

  • tomylock2
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2012
      Hi
      I have been an avid scanner monitoring fan since the very early eighty's when these radios cost quite a bit for the technology of the time. I grew up overseas and we did not have TV until I was ten or so. Up to that point, every one listened to radio and all radios had the ability to tune in SW, MW and LW bands-that's what you did, you tuned in to radio Zambia or radio Malawi or BBC world radio and of course, local stations.
      I just recently purchased a Realistic DX 394 and an ICOM. I have been following with great interest, the discussions on antennas. Great stuff.
      Anyway, I may seem like a lurker but I have very little time to fully participate-I hope that some day I will have more time to actively participate. In the meantime, you have all rekindled and stoked the fires.
      Thanks
      Pat
    • JohnB123
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 10, 2012
        Hi all. I don't yet own a DX 394, but hope to very soon. I've been watching youtube videos, and am convinced that I want one. Hope to learn and share experiances as soon as I'm lucky enough to have one.
        John