Vasly improved Audiot

  • Pronto. (Military)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2012
      I've had my DX394 sitting on the shelf for years and have always been reluctant to use it due to the high level of hiss on the Audio.
      I decided to do something about it so followed the suggested mods and put a 400mf capacitor on the output of the Audio amp.
      That hiss was still objectionable so the next thing was to put a 0.002 mf cap across pins 8 and 9 of the audio chip.
      Hmmmm , not bad but could be better.
      I increased the 0.002 up to 0.02 and THAT was just fantastic. Good solid AM and SSB audio with little or no Hisss. The rig doesn't seem to have lost any gain either.
      Try it, you'll like it.
      Jim VE3DDY
    • David R. Goodson

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2012
          Hi David,
          No I didn't restore the output to the original 100 mfd I left the 400 in there as it was already working OK.
          I'm battling a bad back and don't get to do too much before I get overtired but when I can. I'll put the 100 back and see what transpires.
          I have a spare Bhi DSP unit here that I could install.
          Jim VE3DDY