Alignment - DX394 newbie

  • kd8phx
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 7:02 AM
      Hi All,
      Anyone successfully align their 394? It was an unsatisfied experience for me when it came to measuring an audio output across an 8 ohm load. Even at very low signal levels, I could not find a reliable peak. I would much prefer to tap into the s meter drive, however, I get lost in the poorly labeled schematic.

      And the 2 BFO trims don't have enough authority to get to the LSB USB spec. As a result, 3870kc has to be tuned to 3873 on LSB.

      Lastly, any comments from those that have both the Japan & Chinese B model? Mine is a like new China B model.
      Thanx - Bob