Thanks Battery Backup

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2011
      I've had my 394 for abour 4 years but only joined this group last week. The clock never held time or the memories...etc. I had looked for a backup battery but never realized it was hidden. Thanks to the fellows who figured this out I replaced it today and installed a CR2032 battery holder on the back of the display board. What were they thinking when designing where the battery would be placed? It was quite a job to get to and ate up about 3 hours. Once I knew the battery was there I was worried about damage from leakage. That worry is gone. Thanks guys.

      Mike WA2E
    • metheshortwaver
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
        Mike,

        The DX394 was made in China- probably next to the factory that made those wooden slider blocks games (you know how you have to slide one piece a bit then another and another until it came apart. . . ) I need to do it too, but I was thinking of running some wires to a larger battery mounted where I could get to it easier.

        73's

        Dave WA6IMC