DX 394 For Sale

  • B
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2010
      I have for sale a DX394. I am the second owner of this radio

      The original owner had all of the available mods done to it professionally.

      Cosmetically the radio is easily a 9 out of 10.

      Electronically is does have a problem. The USB function and the CW2 function don't seem to work. I hadn't used it for some time and discovered this tonight when I turned it on to do some SWLing. Otherwise it works perfectly.

      I really have no idea what the radio is worth, so I'm entertaining offers.

      Thanks for looking.

      Bert W1DFU
    • Ernie Rice
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2010
        Not working 100% $100

        On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM, B <hamradioguy@...> wrote:

        > I have for sale a DX394. I am the second owner of this radio
        >
        > The original owner had all of the available mods done to it professionally.
        >
        > Cosmetically the radio is easily a 9 out of 10.
        >
        > Electronically is does have a problem. The USB function and the CW2
        > function don't seem to work. I hadn't used it for some time and discovered
        > this tonight when I turned it on to do some SWLing. Otherwise it works
        > perfectly.
        >
        > I really have no idea what the radio is worth, so I'm entertaining offers.
        >
        > Thanks for looking.
        >
        > Bert W1DFU

      • Tom H
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2010
          All offers and negotiations are to be conducted privately off-list.

          Thanks,

          Tom VE3MEO

          --- In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com, "B" <hamradioguy@...> wrote:

          > I have for sale a DX394. I am the second owner of this radio
        • Joseph Dubin
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 8, 2010
            Tom,

            I'm sure James, our resident lawyer, would advise his clients the same
            thing. :)

            73s
            Joe

            On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Tom H <holden_family@...> wrote:

            > All offers and negotiations are to be conducted privately off-list.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Tom VE3MEO
            >
            > --- In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com <RADIOSHACKDX394%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "B" <hamradioguy@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have for sale a DX394. I am the second owner of this radio

          • Richards
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 8, 2010
              Quite right. All deals must only be cut in dark alleys,
              smoke filled bars in the Caszba, or on foggy nights down
              on the international wharf - and both parties must
              use bad phony foreign accents such as you hear in B-grade
              spy movies. Winkled white linen suit, ala Sidney Greenstreet,
              optional, but considered a nice touch.

              =================== JHR ==================================

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 8, 2010
                James,

                To cut that deal in the place you suggest, would Charles Boyer take us to
                the Casbah after Nigel Bruce walks with Basil Rathbone and us down those
                dark alleys with Claude Raines then closing down the place for illegal
                gambling after collecting the 394 he won from the buyer?

                73s
                Notary Public, State Of New York, Bronx County (aka Joe)

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 8, 2010
                  Pretty much. That's it.

                  ========================== JHR ===========================

                  On 11/8/2010 11:06 PM, Joseph Dubin wrote:
                  > James,
                  >
                  > To cut that deal in the place you suggest, would Charles Boyer take us to
                  > the Casbah after Nigel Bruce walks with Basil Rathbone and us down those
                  > dark alleys with Claude Raines then closing down the place for illegal
                  > gambling after collecting the 394 he won from the buyer?

                • Charles
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 29, 2011
                    I have a DX-394 for sale. I bought it in 1998 and I did some of the early mods to it.
                    Later I found out out one of the mods was wrong and when
                    I tried to correct it and I messed up the traces on the board.
                    Some one who has better skills than I do, could, no doubt,
                    repair it, but I just gave up on it and put it in the box and it
                    has been on the shelf for 5 or 6 years.
                    I am asking $50.00 OBO, which includes shipping.
                    Chuck KA6UUP