Re: [RADIOSHACKDX394] Re: Got my DX-394 finally

  • Christian Surle
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hi James,
      I know that what I said was out of the scope of radio listening, but I just wanted to mean that pleasure is not a question of money, as well in radio as in any other hobby : I have owned several motorcycles (Norton Commando, Ducati Paso, BMW K100RS, Honda F-6C). I found each one obviously different, and some ones better than others. But my main pleasure was riding.
      I feel the same in radio listening : I get more pleasure listening to my old FRG-7 than to a newer sophisticated rig with "LCD needles". However, even if the DX-394 may appear pretty cheap, it can perform very well for a budget.
      Just what I meant.

      73's, Christian

      --- En date de : Lun 1.3.10, Richards <jruing@...> a écrit :
      <And I say the same about radios... some are better than others
      and I like using the good ones way more than the cheap ones.
      I am not being a snob or dissing any one or his rig... just noting
      that some radios (just like some cars) are more fun than others
      to use than others.   Is that what you meant by the motorcycle
      reference?

    • Richards
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 2, 2010
        Yes... good points all around. I agree the 394 is a good rig.
        I think it is a better rig than many think. I was pleased with
        mine and it has a smaller footprint than some of the
        other rigs in the same performance category, and it looks good,
        too.