Down 'Verters

  • metheshortwaver
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      Anyone ever hook up or recommend a way for the 394 to receive 6 or 2
      meters via a down converter?

      -Dave WA6IMC
    • Ronald Fleshman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
        I just connect the downconverter between the antenna and the 50 ohm antenna input on the DX-394. You could use a coaxial switch if you wanted something that was quick and easy  to switch back and forth.
        Ron Fleshman

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
          If you are after VHF DX, I would do two things:

          1. Choose an IF that is free of birdies.
          2. Shield the DX-394 so that there is minimal interference from
          external signals on the IF. That assumes, of course, that the down
          converter is also shielded and connected to the DX-394 by co-ax.

          If you're just after the local repeaters, then these are of little
          importance. Your bigger problem is that there is no FM demod in the DX-
          394.

          Good luck!

          Tom VE3MEO