Operating the DX 394

  • Steve Bruner
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi, I"m new to shortwave radios and the DX 394 is my first receiver.
      Can anyone help me with some basic operating tips.

      Also, can this receiver pick-up overseas stations?

      Thanks Steve :)
    • Tom Holden
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
        Hi Steve,

        There are lots of relevant, written material available to help you get started.

        Have you got the DX-394 User Manual?
        http://esrman20.tripod.com/dx394/

        Under our Links page
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RADIOSHACKDX394/links,
        look in the folders "Groups" and "3-Receiving Systems - General".
        These will undoubtedly draw you off into many related sources on the Internet.

        "Popular Communications" Magazine
        http://www.popular-communications.com/

        "Monitoring Times" (MT) Magazine
        http://www.monitoringtimes.com/

        Yes, the DX-394 can receive overseas Short Wave Broadcast, Amateur Radio, Maritime, Military, Aviation, etc. stations. Some users put considerable effort into picking up overseas or extra-territorial stations on Long Wave and Medium Wave. The antenna is key.

        Members of this group will be happy to help you with questions specific to the DX-394.

        73 (telegraphy code for 'Best Regards')
        de (telegraphy code for 'from')
        VE3MEO (my ham radio callsign)
        Tom (that's obvious)