An Improved Precision Full-wave AM Detector

  • Jara
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hi all, it is maybe interesting for you:

      http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/alowdisdet.htm

      regards, Jara "Rat"
    • Garry Hammond
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        I have a 140' longwire antenna 20' off the ground.
        I have been using it very successfully as a receiving antenna.
        Now (shortly) I want to use it to transmit on 40 and 80 and maybe 160
        meters (license test pending).

        I have connected the center lead of some RG-8X mini coax to the longwire.
        Is there something I should be doing with the shield (other than peel it
        back and seal it against the weather)?
        I'm trying to get this all done before the weather gets too cold to work
        on it.
        73's - GarryH
      • John Earnshaw
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          Good luck re exam What you could use instead of coax is 136 foot of wire connected to an ATU and tune against earth ie random wire this will tune on almost every band.The other alternative is a G5RV full size this gives you 80m up to 10m depending and if you short th connectors together this will give you 160m.If you want the dimensions for the G5 email me direct and I will only be to happy to send them to you
          John Earnshaw
          M0JFE
          Ride The Waves And Make New Friends
          Packet M0JFE@GB7FCR.#16.GBR.EU
          EMAIL sweevo555@...
          mobile 07940815659
          var callCount = 0; function rmvScroll( msg ) { if ( ++callCount > 10 ) { msg.style.visibility = "visible"; } if ( callCount msg.clientHeight ) { newHeight = msg.scrollHeight + delta; } delta = msg.offsetWidth - msg.clientWidth; delta = ( isNaN( delta )? 1 : delta + 1 ); if ( msg.scrollWidth > msg.clientWidth ) { newWidth = msg.scrollWidth + delta; } msg.style.overflow = "visible"; msg.style.visibility = "visible"; if ( newWidth > 0 || newHeight > 0 ) { var ssxyzzy = document.getElementById( "ssxyzzy" ); var cssAttribs = ['#' + msg.id + '{']; if ( newWidth > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( 'width:' + newWidth + 'px;' ); if ( newHeight > 0 ) cssAttribs.push( ' height:' + newHeight + 'px;' ); cssAttribs.push( '}' ); try { ssxyzzy.sheet.deleteRule( 0 ); ssxyzzy.sheet.insertRule( cssAttribs.join(""), 0 ); } catch( e ){} } } function imgsDone( msg ) // for Firefox, we need to scan for images that haven't set their width yet { var imgList =
          msg.getElementsByTagName( "IMG" ); var len = ((imgList == null)? 0 : imgList.length); for ( var i = 0; i [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input]