Re: DRM

  • hrobotron
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hello,

      On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, tony laino wrote:
      > Where do you buy a DRM module? I've been looking and cant find
      > the they show in the article. Please e-mail if you have any info
      > on where I can purchace one.

      I didn't buy the module, it is really simple to build it. For
      VEF-206, I've used
      http://duch.cz/mp/drm/drm-vef206.png
      (the 4rd order lowpass inside the green rectangle is not necessary,
      if you have a valid soundcard with input filters)

      Photo is here:
      http://duch.cz/mp/drm/VEF_DRM_smesovac.jpeg
      (including lowpass)

      Beware, this version is for 465kHz receiver IF, for 455kHz or 450kHz
      you shoud use 465kHz ceramic resonator in the circuit, instead.

      For use with DX394, it seems to be almost necessary to provide
      additional 455kHz IF filter before the downconverter, like in Tom
      Holden's Photo Albums > IF Downconverters > #3. However, if you will
      use NE602/612 with 465kHz ceramic resonator like in my schematic
      above, it will be stable and you don't need external transistor
      oscillator. It is also better to use a ceramic resonator, than to
      divide a crystal by n-ary counter, like in IF Downconverters > #1
      because it makes much less interference (the waveform is closer to
      sine and it doesn't switch flip-flops at harmonics) -- it's verified,
      my first downconverter contained the counter also.

      Best regards,
      Marek.
    • roger
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
        hrobotron wrote:

        Hello,

        On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, tony laino wrote:
        > Where do you buy a DRM module? I've been looking and cant find
        > the they show in the article. Please e-mail if you have any info
        > on where I can purchace one.

        No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/435 - Release Date: 31/08/2006
        Hi I bought mine from this site, which is easy to build, he also has some downloadable software and other DRM links.

        http://xoomer.alice.it/i5xww/

        73s & gd dx
        Roger
        G4NIZ