NB button

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      I dont have a manual for my dx 394. So what does the NB button do?
    • Earl W. Phillips, Jr.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        NB = Noise Blanker; doesn't do much, at least on mine!

        --- In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <radio@...> wrote:

        > I dont have a manual for my dx 394. So what does the NB button do?

      • Another Old Codger
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
          It's the Noise Blanker for what it's worth. The Manuals are available
          at www.mods.dk Click on Radio Shack and navigate your way to the
          Manual Section, it's free but there is a limit.

          Ron.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
            Or go to my site and get it all.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
              If someone was sitting in front of your house with an old Ford with
              bad plug wires or your wife fires up the blender, this is SUPPOSE to
              cut the noise down...

              --- In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com, "Earl W. Phillips, Jr."
              <earlwphillipsjr@...> wrote:

              > NB = Noise Blanker; doesn't do much, at least on mine!
              >
              > --- In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <radio@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I dont have a manual for my dx 394. So what does the NB button do?

            • Dennis Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
                Mine works good enough!

                DJ

                Jim Hackett wrote:
                > If someone was sitting in front of your house with an old Ford with
                > bad plug wires or your wife fires up the blender, this is SUPPOSE to
                > cut the noise down...
                >

                > --- In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com, "Earl W. Phillips, Jr."
                > <earlwphillipsjr@...> wrote:
                >
                >> NB = Noise Blanker; doesn't do much, at least on mine!
                >>
                >> --- In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <radio@> wrote:
                >>
                >>> I dont have a manual for my dx 394. So what does the NB button do?
                >>>

                > Trim all but the core of this message when replying to keep replies from mushrooming in size.
                > For archives of prior messages, files, links, photos, user survey, members info, etc., visit our group on the WWW.
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Tom Holden
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
                  The performance of the noise blanker is improved by the following
                  modification:
                  IF/AUDIO: NOISE BLANKER
                  (Cathell)
                  03.01.18
                  Enables noise blanker in SSB/CW mode; improves performance in AM.
                  Tack on a resistor and a diode; adjust potentiometer. N.B.: diode goes
                  on Q34, not Q32 as published on several sites.
                  RADIOSHACKDX394

                  www.mods.dk

                  msg# 2491 for discussion

                  It is effective on impulse noise, not on hash or broadband noise.

                  73, Tom VE3MEO