Re: Mods..

  • Danny
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2005
      > I simply right clicked on the attachment then from the options
      choose "open file" and, if you have an .MP3 player amongst your
      software [like "Real Player" or "Windows Media Player"] then things
      should happen for you.
      > 73, Ron
      > (I'm running Windows XP (Home) plus all the multitude of software
      programmes I've picked up (but never seem to get rid of) along the
      years since XP was released.)

      Sorry, but that not worked. I use window ME but planning to replace
      with XP soon. Fortunately, Tom has kindly sent to me the file. The
      bursts looks like a control device. Have you tried a portable away your
      home? It't seems to me a local generated noise rather than an
      transmitter. Give us news.
      Danny
    • Nick Pullen
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2005
        Hi Tom.

        > What caused the two beeps? Did you add that to mark 9510 or was that coincidental?
        I pushed a button twice just to mark the point...

        >Have they started BPL (Broadband Data over Power Line) up your way?
        Not as far as I can see, its only testing in NSW, thousands of KM away...

        > Do you have near neighbours that might be using a LAN via power line?
        Highly unlikely, I'm staying in a communal block of rooms connected with cat 5.... ( possible suspicion in the switch)

        >Can you run your DX-394 off battery power and kill the main breaker and all the electrical equipment in your house?

        I cant turn off power.. well I shouldn't, there are other people here... But ill try the radio at another location on the weekend...

        Thanks for your interest all..

        Nick.