Re: [RADIOSHACKDX394] BFO frequency

  • joe smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      I replied to either Mike or Tom on the AFRTS freq. check and as I'm sure you noticed,  I was wayyy off on the freq. of the AFRTS that I was listening to on my DX398.  I had switched and forgot and just looked at that freq. not thinking.

      But I did go to the DX394 and at that time....1100 UTC.....the TBS was on.  So let me know, and if I'm on before it comes on that freq. I'll check for you on my DX394. OK?

      Gregg

      Tom Holden <holden_family@...> wrote:
      mikemaghakian wrote:
      > I experimented by putting a trimmer cap across one of the
      > BFO
      > crystals and was able to change the BFO frequency to
      > where I think if
      > I changed the narrow filter to a much better one I could
      > still have
      > SSB work. even if the readout is a bit off that is better
      > than bad
      > selectivity. then I could have narrow/wide user selectable
      > selectivity on AM and still get SSB. and I only need to
      > change the
      > LSB position to make the BFO 455Khz to get usable SSB on
      > either USB
      > or LSB using the "single BFO frequency" approach.
      >

      > does anyone see any serious disadvantage ? am I missing
      > something.

      Do you Yahoo!?