8213Re: [RADIOSHACKDX394] why this receiver?

  • Ernie Rice
    Jun 8, 2014
      What???? A Kaito 1103 outperforming a modded dx394? That 394 must have been defective !! I heard a lit about the Kaito and bought one. Next to my modded 384 it was a did!!
      However thus is just my experience your Mage my differ

      Ernie

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 8, 2014, at 8:43, "ve3meo@... [RADIOSHACKDX394]" <RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Mark’s is a sensible reply to your question, Hans, and touches on a basic choice: tabletop vs portable. Moreover, you did not express what your needs, priorities and budget are so any answer can only speculate on what they may be.

      Relative to the PL880 and others, you also have a choice between 20 year old vs contemporary technology, warranty or not, VHF-FM or not…

      And budget? I would rather pay $400 for a new Alinco DXR8 than $250 for a modified DX394 but yours may not stretch that far.

      The last new radio I bought was a $100 Kato/Degen 1103. It outperforms the 394 in some respects (selectivity and zero-beating) and lags in others (ergonomics, images, overload).

      So, you can see there is no simple response to your simple question.

      Tom ve3meo