7996RE: RE: [RADIOSHACKDX394] Re: WBCQ (was "Hollow" sound with TWO Antennas)

  • josephrot
    Oct 9, 2013

      Ahh, great minds think alike. I had a "deeper" explain also using the venerable CHU as example of suppressed LSB, but the Great Yahoo ate it on me.

      FWIW, I was able to compare that "hollow" sound on both a DX-394 and the Sat 800 a second and third time, and if one sets the Sat 800 bass/treble to mid position, pretty much flat but still in circuit, the Sat 800 also exhibits the hollowness at times on same and similar signals.

      Strong brew for some,interesting technical tid-bit for us all, perhaps.

      Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA

      ---In RADIOSHACKDX394@yahoogroups.com, <radioshackdx394@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Station "CHU" in Canada does the same thing.  The lower sideband is
      suppressed, and only the upper is heard.  3.335, 7.850,  14.670.

      Try it.

         73
      KW1B
        NC