  • Pravesh
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2010
      "Where a Guru and his disciple, both, are greedy and trying to serve their own ends, there is no way they can achieve fulfillments of their lives. Both these will drown sitting in a boat made of stone. What is stressed upon is that a Guru should be abstemious* and a disciple should be one who is selfless and a seeker in its true meaning"

      In another place, Sant Kabir says,

      "Guru as a concept stands for wisdom or direct realisation, while a shishya (disciple or seeker) for the spirit of genuine or truly motivated learning or seeking. With these two elements lacking there can be neither a Guru nor a shishya."

      In other words, without true experiential wisdom a Guru is merely a hollow word or a fake Guru, and without genuine thirst for knowing (Him or Self) a shishya also is only a pretension.

      Pravesh

      I may be alternatively e-mailed at any of these addresses:
      praveshksingh@...
      praveshksingh@...,and praveshksingh@...
      My residence: 63, Wasekar Layout, Omkarnagar,
      Haweli Gardens Road, Chandrapur (M.S.) - 442 401.
      My phone number: (91)7172-256184