What is Best for You - Sant Radhaswami Sahab

  • SantMatMysticism@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2009
      What is Best for You - Sant Radhaswami Sahab

      Radhasoami Reality:
      {"Radhaswami Dayal ki Daya Radhaswami Sahai: "Grant Merciful Radhasoami Thy Grace and Protection"}

      [English rendering of Hindi translation, by Maharshi Santsewi ji Paramhans (1920-2007), of a verse composed by Sant Shiv Dayal Singh or Sant Radhaswami Sahab (1818-1878) of Agra, U.P., India, the first Guru of Radhaswami (Radhasoami) Sect of Santmat, excerpted from the October 2004 edition of the Hindi Monthly "Shanti Sandesh" (Message of Peace) published from Maharshi Mehi Ashram, Kuppa Ghat, Bhagalpur, Bihar, India -812 003.

      In the following verse Sant Radhaswami Sahab has explained very lucidly the ideal way of living as well as meditation to be adopted by a spiritual seeker who has a genuine thirst for Self-Realisation or for getting rid of the painful cycle of births & deaths. A few words or phrases used in the verse are difficult of interpretation and call for an experienced and self-realised Sant for clear elucidation of their true connotation. The Hindi version of the verse is not reproduced here for the purposes of brevity.

      Translation:

      O My Dear One! Wake up, Come to your wits! | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Search or look for an accomplished Guru | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Find a Guru (who remains) immersed or engrossed in Meditation on the Divine Sound | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Serve such a Guru | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Sip his foot-nectar (water in which his feet have been washed) – (that is, have utmost devotion towards him - English Translator) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Eat/ accept the `prasAd' (propitiatory offering) given by the Guru (Guru's discourses or kind words of counsel/ advice are also his `prasaad' – English Translator) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Show `AratI' (a ceremony performed in worship/ welcome, by moving a dish holding a lamp in circles in front of an idol or statue or an esteemed guest – English Translator) to the Guru | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Offer yourself whole-heartedly (physically and mentally) at his lotus feet. | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Pay heed to the Guru's teaching; bear his words in mind | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Propitiate Guru (the best way to make Guru happy is to obey his instructions resolutely – English Translator) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Practice meditation daily in accordance with the rules (as taught by the Guru) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Be merciful, kind or compassionate to other beings or creatures | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Do not cause trouble or distress to anybody | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Do not taunt or ridicule anybody | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Do not utter bitter or harsh words to anyone | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Bring happiness to all | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Drink the elixir of sound (the Divine Sound Current) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Maintain or preserve virtuosity & forgiving disposition | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Imbibe the virtues of contentment and prudence | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Renounce lust and anger | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Keep greed and infatuation at bay | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Live a life of poverty (detachment from, or non-indulgence in, riches or worldly lures – English Translator) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Inculcate genuine love & affection for sants | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Do not overeat. | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Attend Satsang alertly or attentively | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Abandon weakness, or craving, for dignity and praise/ adulation | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Burn or destroy the indulgence or passion for worldly or sensory pleasures/ enjoyments | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Control your mind, restrain or rein in your senses | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Forsake never detachment and devotion | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Focus your attention to visualise the Holy form of your Guru in the inner sky (This process of visualizing the form of Guru within with eyes closed is known as `MAnas DhyAn') | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Chant internally or repeatedly recite the name of Guru (a process called `MAnas Jap')| I state what is in your best interest ||

      Sing praises or glory of Guru daily | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Intensify your love for Guru | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Mind! Places for pilgrimage and idols are illusions | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Renounce the pride in (the hierarchy of) your caste | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Forsake the hope in the past | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Believe or have faith in the Living Guru | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Consider the lotus feet of Guru as pilgrim-centre | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Treat the service to Guru as the meritorious act of devotion, or penance | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Acknowledge the counsel of Guru as your true learning or wisdom | I state what is in your best interest ||

      See all other education or knowledge to be sham or of no true worth | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Quit orthodoxy or old ways, or worn out traditions | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Obey meticulously whatever the Guru commands | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Do not follow the belief that true liberation can be achieved all by `jnAna' (knowledge) alone | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Adopt the path of `bhakti' (devotion/ meditation) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Follow the path of `surat shabd' (Meditation on the Divine Sound Current) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Ascend your consciousness in the inner sky | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Soar into the Realm of `TrikutI' (Sphere of `MAyA Brahma' or the region, located above SahasrAra or Thousand-petalled Lotus, the region where the practitioner sees the Sun within) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Enter into the Tenth Door (here reference is to the 'Shoonya (Void) or the region between the `Trikuti' and `Maha Shoonya' (Great Void); this Tenth Door is different from the usual Tenth Door that is more often used in literature and usually refers to the Third Eye or the AjnA Chakra) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      From there rise into the `Bhanwar Gufa' (Spiralling or Whirling Tunnel or Cave) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Be saddled into the `Sattalok/ Satalok' (The Region of Quintessential Sound or Pure Consciousness) | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Make your access into the domains of `Alakh' (The Invisible Region) and `Agam' (The Inaccessible Region); (both these regions lie beyond the `Sattalok") | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Behold Radhaswami/ Radhasoami (Term used in the Radhasoami tradition to refer to the True Supreme Being)| I state what is in your best interest ||

      Snap your ties with all the wanderings and hitches | I state what is in your best interest ||

      Have firm belief in Guru (belief that following Guru's commandments only would lead to the Supreme Destination) | I state what is in your best interest ||