The Way that Leads to my Beloved Lord

  • Sant Mat Mysticism
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16 6:18 AM

      The Way that Leads to my Beloved Lord

      Radhasoami Reality:

      Says Soami Ji Maharaj: The Path of Bhakti (love and devotion) alone is Guru Mat (Sant Mat). Without Bhakti, all is hollow and sham, husks without the kernel. Therefore, hold fast to Bhakti and give up shrewdness altogether. The essence of Atma and Parmatma is Prem (Love). Sat Naam (True Name, God) is the embodiment of Bhakti. Satguru is the embodiment of Prem. You also are Prem in essence, so are all souls (jivas, surats).

      Soami Ji's Hymn (Sar Bachan Radhasoami Poetry, Volume II):

      Khojat rahi piya panth, maram koyee nek na gaayaa .....

      0 companion! I have been looking for the Way that leads to my Beloved Lord, but nobody knows anything about it; day and night I have been restless, and I have passed all my life yearning for Him. I have been making cri de coeur but nobody came to my rescue; all the bhekhs (wearing coloured clothes pretending to be sadhus), beggars and the worldly gurus are all wandering about in delusion, victims of Maya (illusion and allurement).

      Without Shabd (i.e. without taking recourse to Surat-Shabd-Yoga [meditation -- union of the soul with the Divine Sound and Light within]) they have all been deceived and beguiled; but thanks to my luck, I have met the perfect Satguru who revealed to me the whole secret (of liberation and redemption). He enabled me to perceive the essence of surat and made me ascend to Gagan [mystic sky]; and reaching the sphere of Gagan He made it possible for me to hear the Unstruck Melody. All the japis (reciters of mantras), tapis (ascetics), maunis (recluses given to long spells of silence), the bakees (the braggarts, the cockalorums), jatis (abstinents), the yogis --- all follow their own ways but none of them speaks of this path (Surat-Shabd-Yoga -- Yoga of Light, Yoga of Sound, Yoga of Soundlessness -- Anadi, Anami, The Beloved), which remains a rarity.

      Hail the Sant Satguru who explained to me the sum and substance of it; it is the ways and faiths of the Mind (i.e. Kaal-mat) that has spread over the whole world; the Guru Mat (i.e. Sant Mat, Teachings of Saints)  hardly anyone entertains. It is only the rare seekers, whose surat has been roused and stirs its stumps, who have taken to the practice of Surat-Shabd-Yoga; it is Radhasoami who unfolded the Mystery and roused and stirred the jivas to comprehend Reality.