The Name of Sant Namdev's Satguru Was Visoba Khechar

  • Sant Mat Mysticism
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2007
      The Name of Sant Namdev's Satguru Was Visoba Khechar

      Radhasoami Reality:

      One the first Sants known in recorded history is Visoba Khechar,
      Namdev's Sant Satguru. Of his Master, Sant Namdev sang:

      "The Secret has been revealed unto me.
      The hand of protection has been placed
      on my head. Nama has been made bodiless.
      Visoba Khechar ever intoxicated with the
      love of the Lord, has thus initiated me.
      Khechar told me that Guru is Knowledge.
      He has taken Nama to Regions Imperishable."

      Namdev's Master lived sometime during the 13th Century. No doubt
      Visoba Khechar had a Master as well but we may never know his name,
      or the name of that person's Master or that Master's Master, and so
      on, as these things are forever covered over by the sands of time.

      In the Light and Sound of the Beloved,

      James
      Radhasoami-Reality