Mystic Verses of Sant Namdev from Three Sources

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2006
      Mystic Verses of Sant Namdev from Three Sources

      Radhasoami Reality:

      Sorath

      Namdev advises to accept divine instruction so that humanity may be
      contented and happy:

      When I sing of God, then I behold Him;
      Then I, His servant, obtain contentment.
      Accept divine instruction, 0 man;
      the true guru shall cause thee
      to meet God.
      Where the heavenly Light shineth,
      There playeth spontaneous Music.
      'God's Light is all-pervading'--
      By the guru's favour I know that.
      In the chamber of the heart are jewels
      Which glitter there like lightning.
      God is near, not distant,
      And His Spirit completely filleth mine.
      Where the inextinguishable sun of God's Word shineth,
      There earthly lamps grow pale:
      Through the guru's favour I have know this.
      God's slave Nama hath been easily absorbed in Him.

      -- Sant Namdev, Vani of Namdev quoted in,
      "Sant Namdev -- The Facts of His Religious Ideology",
      O.P. Ralhan, Anmol Publications, New Delhi

      I Shall Never Forget the Lord Now

      I shall never forget the Lord now,
      I shall keep him clasped to my heart.
      Were I to forget him, I should indeed lose all I have.

      Every moment I offer my body and mind to the Lord,
      Never for a moment do I let him go from my mind.
      With every breath I drink the nectar of his remembrance --
      This beggar thrives on the nectar of the Lord's Name.

      Engrossed in his love, I keep repeating his sweet Name.
      Were I to forget him, I would certainly come to grief.
      Says Namdev, I shall never fix my hope on any but him.
      I shall lay down my life to attain the wealth of his Name.

      -- Sant Namdev, "Saint Namdev", translated by J.R. Puri, V.K. Sethi

      It is your Music
      I hear
      0 Lord.
      The rhythm of drums
      jantar
      and vina.
      The supreme moment
      has come.

      I had chains around
      my feet.
      But now I have no fear
      of this ocean of samsara [world of changes].

      I looked within
      and perfected devotion
      says Namdev.

      Govind [God] is right
      here.
      My heart dwells
      at his feet.
      Never will I give up
      my love for him.
      Let people laugh
      all they wish.

      Govind's [God's] name
      will take you across
      the ocean of samsara.
      Why work yourself
      to death
      for the falsehood
      of maya [illusion]?

      A man will stake his life
      for his money.
      Should a bhakta [lover of the Beloved] not cherish
      his love?

      All that I want
      is to please Ram [God]
      says Namdev.