The Holy Name Radhasoami

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2006
      The Holy Name Radhasoami

      Radhasoami Reality:

      To Hazur goes the credit of revealing the name Radhasoami. A
      recitation of this true name, according to Hazur, would dissolve the
      ego, generate love, facilitate yoga and purify the body, mind and
      soul and would prove to be a true companion and a mighty weapon in
      the inward journey of the spirit. It would also direct the surat
      chaitanya shakti (spiritual energy) to be spent in the right
      direction, and would remove the coverage of maya that lead this
      precious energy to wastage......He also asserted the enormous
      strength of the spirit entity to traverse in the higher regions and
      attain salvation. The name Radhasoami finally gave a unity to the

      Hazur's ideal of guru-bhakti, which he himself practiced
      demonstrates the practicability of his theory. According to him,
      guru-bhakti is highly beneficial for the jivas, provided they choose
      a correct guru. To Hazur, a life of devotion did not mean a life of
      inaction, but an active life to God. He also taught the doctrine of
      grace. He alone can realize the Supreme Being to whom He becomes

      In the light of his enormous contribution to the Radhasoami faith,
      Hazur can rightly be called its true founder. It was he who not only
      systematized the concepts and beliefs and formulated the essentials
      of the faith but also enunciated the code of moral conduct and
      practices for the followers. Hazur gave the faith its noteworthy
      name, its vast organization, its large following and an incarnated
      Supreme Being - Soamiji Maharaj.

      J.N. Farquhar rightly remarks: "the Sect owes a great deal to this
      man's clear intellect and power of expression. The first guru may
      have been the source of the leading ideas and the religious practice
      of the Sect, but one can scarcely doubt that the order and precision
      which now mark its teachings where the fruit of Saligram's vigorous
      and orderly mind." The eminent modern historian Dr. A.L. Srivastava
      rightly observes: "He was the first man to name the new Sect -
      Radhasoami.... ("RADHASOAMI FAITH - A HISTORICAL STUDY": The Second
      Guru (contd.) - Systematization of Faith, Prof. A.P. Mathur, Former
      Vice-Chancellor, Agra University, Agra, India)

      Radhaswami has imparted a unique message.
      The moment I utter the Holy Word 'RADHASOAMI',
      all my doubts and misgivings are dispelled.
      Radhasoami has taken me in His lap.
      Radhasoami will also redeem you.
      Repeat the Holy Word 'RADHASOAMI' all the time.
      Recite 'RADHASOAMI' all the twenty four hours.
      Radhasoami dwells in my heart every moment.

      (Soami Ji Maharaj, Sar Bachan Radhasoami Poetry, Volume One)

      Radhasoami is my Father and Mother.
      Beloved, merciful to the humble,
      Radhasoami, does good to my soul every moment.

      Do not allow any doubts and misgivings to bother you.
      Have firm faith in, and reliance on RADHASWAMI.
      Radhasoami will accomplish all your tasks.

      The Supreme Father Radhasoami Dayal [Merciful Lord of the Soul]
      loves you dearly.
      He will redeem you in a moment.
      Believe what I say is true.

      Know that Radhasoami is your True Beloved.
      His heart is overflowing with compassion for souls.
      He imparts them his own strength and redeems them.

      Have no anxiety or worry in your mind now.

      ........ every moment.

      Always utter 'RADHASOAMI',
      the Name of the Merciful Supreme Being.
      Then only will mind and Kal become powerless against you.

      Radhasoami is my most Beloved Lord.
      None other than Him comes to mind.

      I sing praises of Radhasoami again and again
      and shall remain at His holy feet ever alert and vigilant.

      I discard all the evil tendencies of the mind
      and enshrine RADHASOAMI Nam in my heart.

      I sing 'RADHASOAMI', 'RADHASOAMI',......every moment.

      (Huzur Maharaj, Prem Bani Radhasoami, Volume One)