Bhakti - Devotion - Kabir Poem: Merged Into The One

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 5:21 AM
      Bhakti - Devotion - Kabir Poem: Merged Into The One

      Radhasoami Reality:

      The devotee, the true lover, should keep only the Beloved in his
      heart, enjoy inner rapport with Him and keep his eyes closed towards
      all other objects in the world. But, says Kabir, if the lover has
      attained that inner spiritual state in which he realizes the Lord
      and becomes one with Him, he need not try to avoid others for he
      sees the One Lord present in every being and in each particle of the
      creation. In the last stanza Kabir describes that lofty state of
      love in which the lover and the Beloved become one.

      Keep your eyes downcast,
      Hold the Beloved
      Captive in your heart;
      Revel with Him in all bliss,
      But let no one see
      Your ecstasy.

      Eight watches, sixty-four beats
      My entire being looks only at Thee;

      Why need I lower my eyes
      When in every vessel
      My Beloved alone I see.

      Listen, friend, I dwell in my Beloved
      And my Beloved dwells in me;
      I cannot distinguish between
      My Beloved and myself;

      I know not whether
      The soul dwells in me
      Or dwells my Beloved.

      -- Kabir
      "Encyclopedia of Saints of India, Volume 2: Kabir"
      Criterion Publications, New Delhi