A Litany of Love

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2004

      A Litany of Love

      The following is an English translation of an Urdu poem
      composed by a Mohammedan Satsangi under the
      pseudonym of Ruswa, when overwhelmed with ardent
      love and zeal for Radhasoami Dayal and Radhasoami Naam.

      Show me Thy refulgence, 0 Radhasoami.
      I am dedicated to Thee heart and soul, 0 Radhasoami.

      I subsist on Thy love.
      Make me Thy own, 0 Radhasoami.

      Should there be a postmortem of Thy devotees,
      on their hearts will be found written RADHASOAMI.

      Should anyone ask me, 'whose slave are you ?',
      my reply instantly will be 'of Radhasoami'.

      When my Surat [soul] reaches the immortal region,
      on its portal will be found written 'RADHASOAMI'.

      I shall enshrine the form of Satguru.
      Cleanse the chamber of my heart, 0 Radhasoami.

      Where shall I go and to whom shall I belong,
      shouldst Thou be displeased, 0 Radhasoami?

      Defaced and effaced have become all coins (religions).
      The new coin now introduced is of RADHASOAMI.

      How can I call Thee (mere) Lord, 0 Radhasoami?
      Thou art the Lord of Lords, 0 Radhasoami.

      There is no difficulty which Thou canst not solve.
      Thou art the remover of troubles of Thy devotees, 0 Radhasoami.

      It will be below Thy dignity
      if I call Thee God, 0 Radhasoami.

      My Sat Guru has given out that panacea
      for all ills is Radhasoami.

      I need no (professional) healer.
      My cure is Radhasoami.
      I need blessings of Radhasoami.

      Show me Thy captivating countenance
      or else I am dying out, 0 Radhasoami.

      No worldly worries or anxieties can disturb
      him who sings the praises of Radhasoami.

      There is none else except Thee, 0 Radhasoami.
      Thou alone art my aim and object.

      Every devotee is under the protecting shade
      cast by the dense clouds of Thy mercy.

      Preserve the mirror of my heart with care,
      as on it lie recorded all my pangs, 0 Radhasoami.

      May I breathe my last under Thy Holy Feet.
      That is my Supreme goal, 0 Radhasoami.

      End me or mend me or even destroy me.
      I conform to Thy Will or pleasure, 0 Radhasoami.
      I am confident of Thy grace and mercy,
      though deserving of punishment I am, 0 Radhasoami.

      Thou art deeply seated in my every breath and every nerve.
      How can I afford to separate from Thee, 0 Radhasoami.

      The Supreme Mantra
      and the greatest Kalma [Islamic confession of faith, or 'Word']
      and greatest of all Names
      and most sublime
      is Radhasoami.

      Grant me the gift of Thy Love.
      Standing at Thy door I remain, 0 Radhasoami.

      Tickets for journey to the immortal region are issued
      by this wonderful Faith promulgated by Radhasoami.

      Cleanse the shrine of my inner self and
      implant there love for Thee 0 Radhasoami.

      The yearning for Thy Darshan [vision] is welling up.
      Call me unto Thee, 0 Radhasoami.

      By making me drink the cup of the wine of Thy Love,
      make me pure, and free from all blemishes, 0 Radhasoami.

      I feel no fear or dread from the devil [kal].
      Thou art my Leader (Guide/Master), 0 Radhasoami.

      Howsoever hard one may try and may thus end one's life,
      never would one find another like Radhasoami.

      Thou art the only Lord of Lords.
      No doubt is there, 0 Radhasoami.

      When my Radhasoami gave a call to me,
      I heard the Celestial Sound of Radhasoami.
      Don't remove the pangs of yearning from my heart,
      on account of which I hear the Shabd 'Radhasoami'.

      For every suffering, the remedy is Radhasoami.
      For every illness (ailment) the cure is Radhasoami.

      Do a favour to this Ruswa (unworthy one) of Thine,
      that his Surat merges in Shabd, 0 Radhasoami.

      (Biography of Radhaji Maharaj, Agra, India)