Reality and Truth vis-à-Vis Wisdom

  • Iski_koyi_Zarurat_Nahi_hai
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2004

      This Week's Post

      Speech of Gracious Huzur Dr. Prem Saran Satsangi (of Dayal Bagh)
      on 8.12.03 at Hotel Grand International, New Delhi Invited
      Talk at the International Conference of the Association of Asia-
      Pacific Operational Research Societies

      Reality and Truth vis-à-Vis Wisdom (via aparavidya an paravidya)

      Good afternoon everybody Thank you Professor Iynegar for
      your kind introduction. I must profusely thank Professor Puri for
      giving me this opportunity to address this distinguished gathering
      of scientists and practitioners, particularly operations researchers.
      Reality and Truth vis-à-Vis Wisdom (via aparavidya an paravidya)
      I think I need to begin by explaining some of these key words
      which appear in the title of the talk. Absolute truth occurs in the
      Supreme Creational plane and is the cause of the creation. Reality
      is perceived truth. It is a subjective or realization, that is the
      effect produced by the truth as the cause in the creational plane,
      that we perceive by sentient entities. So reality is not absolute
      truth unless we can have access to the Supreme Creational plane
      where the cause took place for the Creation. As a result the
      knowledge of creation arising from perceived reality, that we posses
      is a knowledge of sentient entities which receive a perceive
      subjective impressions, that is, effects of the in the Supreme
      Creational plane.

      In the Supreme Creational plane, absolute truth, ultimate
      reality, ultimate wisdom become one and the same.

      Now let me try to address wisdom also. Such knowledge which we
      gain from sentient entities by way of perceived reality has
      therefore various degrees of inherent truth in it and hence the one
      that is closest to the truth is designated as sentient wisdom, So,
      as I mentioned. Once we reach the Supreme Creational plane where the
      cause, the prime cause of creation exists, then we have realized
      absolute truth, ultimate wisdom and ultimate reality.

      Now a word about apavidya and paravidya. The body of
      knowledge derived from physical senses is called aparavidya what
      pertains to this world and not beyond it, that is, what pertains to
      the material plane, the physical world in which we live. All modern
      science speaks about this physical world and this includes
      informatics, OR and systems science among others. On the other hand
      there is a distinct body of knowledge derived from esoteric
      experimentations and research of the Rishis and saints particularly
      in the oriental world. (paravidya, which pertains to the regions
      beyond our physical world)by making use of more precise Surat Shabda
      Yoga, that is yogic practice of uniting the atman or Surat with the
      sound current which accompanies all emanations of sprit current.
      The aperture exist in the human head for making communion or
      correspondence with the regions beyond the physical world i.e., with
      Brahmanda, which literally means the egg shaped region of Brahma,
      Universal Mind and beyond Brahmanda, the purely spiritual region.
      Through meditational practices described in the religion of saints,
      one can render these apertures or nerve centres in our brain kinetic
      and get revelations of the higher reality and one can progress
      gradually in stages to the ultimate reality.

      Let me speak very briefly about this creation and in this
      context present certain axioms to you. The sprit force is the one
      which possesses prime energy and that all other forces of nature
      have been evolved by the association of this energy with media of
      different kinds.

      The second axiom which is by far the most important is that
      the Supreme Creator or Being is an infinite spiritual source or
      reservoir. Just as we have sources of electricity, sources of
      mechanical power, we have sources of hydraulic power or energy, we
      have sources economic power if you wish, so we have source of
      spiritual power and that Fountainhead of spirituality, which is the
      infinite spiritual source or reservoir is known as Supreme Creator
      or Being and it has the features of Supreme intelligence, bliss and
      luminosity. In the pre-creational condition the supreme Being was in
      a state of shunya smadhi, absolute self-absorption. And even in this
      pre-creational state there existed an eternal polarization in the
      Supreme Being, that is, there existed a positive pole of
      spirituality and a negative pole of spirituality and the Supreme
      Being possessed three distinct regions, namely, the infinite
      positive pole which was the infinite region of full spirituality
      which could be likened with the head of the Supreme Being, and then
      the region of the neutral zone which we could consider His body, and
      finally the region of the neither or lower pole or negative pole
      which had lowest spirituality which we could liken as his feet, But
      it does not have any form, it does not have any shape, It does not
      have any boundaries, it is infinite.

      So this Supreme Being was in a state of absolute self-
      absorption and these spirit forces in the region of the lower pole
      were in comatose condition and they were not even aware of the
      existence of the Supreme Being. The Supreme Being, of course, knew
      about His feet or the nether pole, with lower of spirituality.
      But even that nether pole in the pre-creational condition had
      high degree of spirituality but the potential difference, as it
      were, in spirituality between the positive pole, infinite positive
      pole and the pole was extremely large. Because of this large
      potential difference between positive pole and negative pole, sprit
      forces were attracted towards positive pole and individual spirit
      forces did make this transition and because of this transition, the
      potential difference got further accentuated an the positive became
      more positive and the negative became more negative. In the fullness
      of time, there was such a vast potential difference in spirituality
      that there was a huge commotion or upheaval, something that we refer
      to as the Big Bang in the physical world. But the Big Bang in the
      physical world as the beginning of creation came much later. What
      came first was the so called Big bang in the Supreme Being Itself.
      This was a manifestation of the lower order spirit forces making a
      rush from the region nearest to the lower pole towards the infinite
      positive pole. There was a big rush and this was a form of
      spiritualization similar to what takes place in magnetic field as
      magnetization. It is similar to that.

      The magnetic field has a positive pole, a negative pole.
      There is a field of magnetic action or force, so also this created a
      field of spiritual action or force and this resulted in the great
      spiritual current or what is known as Adi-Chetan Dhar issuing forth
      from the Supreme Being from the region nearest to the negative pole
      and proceeding towards the positive pole and then returning to the
      negative pole. This Adi Chetan Dhar or the first great spiritual
      current at the commencement of the creation was accompanied by a
      sound because there were vibrations in this spirit emanation. There
      was a sound which accompanied it and this sound was an imitation in
      articulate speech of Radha and this word does not have any meaning.
      It is a Dhunyatmak name. It's only the sound which matters, It's
      nothing to do with Radha-Krishna but the sound which emanated there
      with the first great spiritual Current that flowed out of or flowed
      towards and then out of the Supreme Being, positive Infinite pole
      was Radha. And the sound which emanated from the great upheaval
      which took place within the Superme Being was accompanied by Soami.
      so Radhasoami, in fact, became the first manifestation of the
      Supreme Being at the time of creation and ever since then this name
      is reverberating, resounding everywhere in all directions, It is
      only that our faculties are not sufficiently developed, but can be
      developed through meditational practice, to hear it loud and clear
      by reaching these higher regions of spirituality.

      There are other mystic names which are there too. We are all
      aware about Om. There is Rarang, there is Soham, there is Sat and
      then there is Radhasoami. These are all mystic names; inherent name
      or original name being Radhasoami, the one which first manifested
      itself when this creation was launched by the Supreme Being.
      Now let me present a kind of diagram which would explain
      some of these things a little better and this is where I invoke my
      physical system theory which I have been practicing for all my life.
      This is the Supreme Being, the super positive pole (Label a). This
      is the negative pole or nether pole (label b). This is the spiritual
      sound current (label c's) accompanied by the sound Radha whish
      emanated from the lower region and flowed to the highest region of
      spirituality and then had a return path, the outward-going path,
      which is the outward focus or centre-forming spirit currents (label
      d's). So hat happened soon after the creation was launched was that
      spirits with higher order of spirituality were grouped together in a
      sub centre of power or spirituality (label e5) next to the infinite
      positive pole (label a or e6) and then spo on Labels e4-e1). This
      (e.g.e1) is somewhat of lower spirituality and six such sub-
      divisions of the first grand division of creation, namely, purely
      spiritual region came directly under the purview of the Supreme
      Being. So these were created in the first phase. The first grand
      division to come into existence was the purely spiritual region. The
      spirits were covered by such fine, intelligent and blissful frames
      that they presented no opposition to the realization of the Supreme
      Being by all these six sub-divisions of the first grand division.
      They were constantly in communion with the Supreme Being. This
      circuit was complete and the spirit currents, the outward flowing
      spirit currents (d's) forming foci or centres of spirits with
      various degrees of power and resounding with their own
      characteristic sounds were all formed. For instance, the sound I
      have referred to as Soham is at this particular region (e1). The
      sound I have referred to Sat is here (e2), similarly there are
      others (e3-e5), but they do not correspond with anything that we
      would understand very clearly in the languages we are familiar with
      (Radhasoami is at e6 or a).

      Lower, we have Om. Om occurs hare (Label f5) and Rarang appears here
      (Label f6), in the Brahmanda region. So after the first phase, the
      spirituality had become somewhat weak in the last sub-division that
      was created (e1) and therefore it became necessary for the Supreme
      Being to make a blend of the pure spiritual substance with the
      substance of mind. So now there was a subtle body, astral body that
      we speak of that was created and here also, this creation was highly
      intelligent but then not as intelligent as in the purely spiritual
      region. And this is the region of Brahmanda. And here also after the
      image of the Supreme Being, six sub-divisions were created and those
      are here from six to one (f6-f1). Then by the time it reached this
      lowest sub-division (f1), it had further weakened in spirituality
      and it became necessary to give it a blend of another substance,
      which is physical matter. So this was the material plane or Pind in
      which we live and in which we are created, and of which we possess
      considerable knowledge, but not all the knowledge even about Pind,
      leave aside Brahmanda and pure spiritual region.

      So that's where man was created. Man happens to be a perfect
      microcosm of the macrocosm, that is the universe, and just as one
      says that man has been created after the image of God, so was it,
      Just as Brahmanda is a reflex (image) of the purely spiritual region
      an Pind is a reflex image of Brahmanda, so is man possessing
      apertures in one's brain which would give it access tp Brahmanda (f1-
      f6) and to purely spiritual region (e1-e6). There are twelve such
      apertures corresponding to the six sub-divisions of Brahmanda(f1-f6)
      and six sub-divisions of the purely spiritual region(e1-e6).
      The apertures for making communion with the Brahmanda exist
      in the grey matter of the brain and the ones corresponding to the
      purely spiritual region exist in the white matter of the brain. And
      it's at the apex of the head at the top that there is a nerve centre
      (e6 or a) which if rendered kinetic will reveal the Ultimate Reality
      or Absolute Truth or Absolute Wisdom or Ultimate Wisdom and that is
      where one comes at one with the Supreme Being Himself So, one can
      realize in human form the Supreme Being within one's own self. One
      doesn't have to go out and worship anywhere. One can practice
      meditation.

      In the human form there are six ganglia re nerve centres (g'1-g'6)
      just as Brahmanda has six ganglia (f'1-f'6) and pure spiritual
      region has six sub-divisions (e'1-e'6) so also man has these six
      ganglia which are all kinetic. Ganglion at the rectum is at the
      lowest level (g'1). Ganglion at the organ of reproduction is next
      (g'1). Ganglion at the navel is the third one (g'1).Ganglion at the
      solar plexus (g'1), ganglion at the throat (g'1) and ganglion at the
      seat of the spirit which is the third til, in the middle of the line
      joining the pupils the pupils of the two eyes (g'6). so that is
      where resides the spirit and it this spirit which jointly with the
      mind has given all the energy and vitality. It has produced the
      human frame and given all the energy and vitality to it. The
      subjective functions are also assigned in terms of intelligence and
      other things to the human being by the spirit through the mental
      plane (because it's a blend of matter and spirit). But spirit is the
      one which is the prime source of all energy.

      So in the Religion of the Saints, one begins one's meditation at the
      seat of the spirit (g'6) in the human frame which is between the two
      eyes and what this practice consists in is by concentrating
      attention at this particular seat of the sprit, that is, making your
      body and mind come to a standstill and then repeating one of these
      mystic names, Om, Rarang, Soham, Sat or Radhasoami.

      Radhasoami (e'6 or a') is like a master key which would open all the
      locks. The other mystic names will open locks only at the regions up
      to that point where these sounds emanate. So if one tries this
      master key it will work everywhere and if you repeat one of these
      mystic names at the seat of the spirit, then it gets kinetic. What
      its means is that there are vibrations which are produced, which
      emanate sound that is in resonance with the sound of the spirit
      current of the higher region. For instance, if we are here at the
      top of Pind (g6 / g'6) and we want to make communion with Brahmanda,
      the lowest region of Brahmanda (f1 / f'1), which is the region of
      one of the Gods, Sahasdal-Kamal being at (f1 / f'1). So if you want
      to make the communion there (f1 / f'1) or (f4/f'4). then if you
      repeat this mystic word, not by you external tongue of the body, not
      by your tongue of the mind but by the tongue of the spirit, that is,
      concentrating everything at the seat of the spirit, then you will
      begin to hear this sound more and more clearly. It will work out in
      a form of a crescendo and this musical sound will attract you and
      take you to the higher region (f4/f'4 for instance). And once you
      reach that point (f4/f'4 or f5/f'5 or f6/f'6) here in Brahmanda, you
      begin to share all the powers and intuition of Brahmanda
      correspondingly. And this way one can – the pilgrim spirit can
      make
      its journey upwards in stages, till it finally reaches the Supreme
      Being (e6/e'6 or a/a').

      It is believed that the spirits which make this transition to the
      purely spiritual region (e1-e6 / e1'- e6')1'- e6'), never come back
      again (after death) because the have become sufficiently pure to
      become part of the Supreme Being and they don't return to these
      worlds again, the region of Universal Mind of Brahmanda or Region of
      the physical body or matter of this world.

      Let me now revert to the physical systems for a little while. The
      physical system is one in which the entities of interest can
      measured whether quantitatively or qualitatively. At first when
      physical system theory evolved, it used to be just quantitative
      measurements. Lord Kelvin was so fond of quantitative measurements
      and dismissed every thing that was quantitative as being a lot of
      rubbish but then we have all seen that quantitative measurements,
      fuzzy set theory, rough set theory, all play their great part in the
      science. So the key to the physical system theory lies not in the
      notions of analogies but in the concept of linear graph. But just as
      I have said it is a sort of analogue; because man is made after the
      image of God, so man is an analogue of God. So is physical system
      theory an analogue of paravidya and by properly interpreting it and
      endowing it with generalizations, we can understand even paravidya
      through this apavidya .

      So all the things of science that we are learning are not
      going to waste. All these will generalize in due course of time to
      give us the science of paravidya. And I can only offered this proof
      that, at the time of death, one experiences these realities but
      unfortunately people don't return to tell the story. But by carrying
      out these practices of Surat Shabd Yog in your life time you can
      experience with full consciousness, all the processes, all the
      stages which precede and which accompany the phenomenon of death,
      with dying and these offer ample evidence of the truth and the
      correctness of the teachings of the Religion of the Saints. So those
      who have made this journey have experienced this (through
      meditational practice).

      I may only give the classic example from Bhagwat Gita where Lord
      Krishna has preached to Arjuna. We are all aware that Arjuna
      represented Pandavas as their leading warrior and the battle was
      between Pandavas and Kauravas in Mahabharata, the epic that is well
      known in Hindu mythology. However, when Arjuna was driven to the
      battle field, his charioteer was no less a person than the very
      incarnation or representative of heigher region of spirituality,
      that is Lord Krishna; and Lord Krishna tried all his reasoning and
      persuade Arjuna to take up arms to take up his bow and arrow and
      begin the battle with the forces of evil. He wanted Arjuna, who
      represented forces of good, to conquer over the forces of evil. But
      when Arjuna looked all around, he saw people who were next of his
      kith and kin and the blood relations proved too strong. And even the
      commandants of the Savior proved weak and Arjuna would not budge. He
      wold not take up the bow and arrow and begin the battle. Then Lord
      Krishna had no other alternative left except to open the inner eye
      of Arjuna. What this meant was that he closed one of the switches
      (say Sa) which would transport Arjuna's spirit to the Brahmanda and
      there he had the darshan of the Virat Swarup of Lord Krishna the
      astal form of Lord Krishna, and was then overpowered by that image.
      He was totally transformed person and that Arjuna. Who a moment ago
      was impervious to all reasoning was soft as wax in the hands of Lord
      Krishna and he girded up his loins literally, took up bow and arrow,
      and was ready to shoot his nearest and dearest. All bonds of blood
      relationship were broken in a moment.

      So, I offer you as proof, experience of these higher spiritual
      regions (through meditation) and seeing the scientific basis from
      which the whole creation has evolved.

      Thank you very much.

      Q: Sir initially the creation was only the spiritual creation and
      what you have said just now is that once a person returned back, he
      will not come down. Then why did this downward journey happen?
      A: As you might have noticed that I also mentioned that in the pre-
      creational condition, the Supreme Being was in state of Shunya
      Samadhi, absolute self-absorption and there was lower order of
      spirituality in the nether pole or negative pole and He wanted these
      spirit forces, which were in comatose condition unaware of the
      existence of Supreme Being, to have the bliss of full communion or
      correspondence with the supreme Being . And, therefore, it became
      necessary to create this great commotion, transport the spirit
      forces of lower spirituality into the region of Supreme Being,
      accept as many of them as possible within his own region directly
      under His purview but then it was not possible to galvanize
      (spiritualize) the others (sufficiently). He had no choice but to
      create Brahmanda and then the material plane; and then He found that
      these spirit forces have been denied the bliss and permanence and
      radiance of the realization of Supreme Being, then as we all know
      incarnations started coming to this world and they tried to raise
      them to a higher spiritual plane and this is the reason why Supreme
      Being did that. It was for ultimate good so that these spirit
      forces, which were in comatose condition, would become fully
      conscious of His Presence and partake of the full bliss,
      intelligence and energy of the Supreme Being.