Eminence of Bhakti (Devotion and Love) and Saran (Refuge, Resting in Radhasoami)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      Grant Merciful Radhasoami Thy Grace and Protection}

      Eminence of Bhakti (Devotion and Love) and Saran (Refuge, Resting in
      Radhasoami)

      In Sant Mat [the Teachings of the Saints],
      great importance has been attached to Bhakti;
      it is the sine qua non of Sant Mat.
      If there are all other attributes but no Bhakti,
      then there is nothing. And he, who has no virtues
      but is endowed with Bhakti, is possessed of all.
      He alone is a devotee and he alone is dear to
      Bhagwant (Lord). Even if one performs
      Surat-Shabd Abhyas,
      [spiritual exercises, inner Light & Sound Meditation]
      but is devoid of this attribute,
      then one is empty and hollow.

      -- Maharaj Saheb, "Discourses of Maharaj Saheb", Agra, India

      The lover is converted into the Beloved. That indeed
      is called true love.
      Forgetting his own ego, he remains
      absorbed in the One. (Sant Dadu Sahib)

      It does not matter if your bhakti is imperfect.
      Perform bhakti! Radhasoami [the Lord of the Soul]
      graciously declares that you should perform bhakti
      in whichever way you can. Fear not. He will grant
      you the Treasure of Love. You will be a recipient
      of the Gift of Love. ("Sar Bachan Radhasoami Poetry," Vol. II)

      Joyous love has sprung forth from my heart;
      For I have found the object of my life.
      As I share His Vision, I find peace;
      And my mind blossoms as I wash the feet of His Saints.
      The body and mind of the devotees are filled with the Lord's Love,
      But few are they who find themselves in their company.

      Out of Thy Infinite Mercy, grant this one gift to me, 0 Lord,
      That, by the Grace of the Guru, I may meditate on Thy
      Name. (Sukhmani - Adi Granth, Peace Lagoon translation)