Songs of Kabir from the Adi Granth, Part One

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2003
      Grant Merciful Radhasoami Thy Grace and Protection}

      Songs of Kabir from the Adi Granth, Part One

      Kabir, from Raga Bhairo

      9:
      Serve the Guru and be devoted:
      Put human birth to good use.
      Even gods yearn for human shape --
      serve Hari through this body.

      Praise Gobind. Forget Him not:
      That's the advantage of human birth. (Pause)

      Before old age stains you,
      before death clutches your body,
      before your tongue stutters,
      praise, 0 my soul, Sarangpani.

      Worship him now, not later, 0 my brother.
      The end comes-you can't do it then.
      Now is the time for everything --
      or you'll regret not crossing over.

      He teaches service to His slaves:
      And So they find Niranjan Deva.
      Meet the Guru, and the gates will open:
      You shall never be in the womb again.

      Now is your chance. Now it's your turn.
      Look inside your heart and meditate.
      Kabir says, "Whether you win or lose,
      I called out, I called out to you so many times."

      10:
      Real wisdom is Shiva's city.
      Gather there and meditate.
      You will understand this life and the next;
      no one dies in self-pride there.

      I am thinking about my abode there:
      Raja Ram is my theology. (Pause)

      By the Source's root is my abode:
      I place the moon above the sun.
      The sun is fiery by the western door;
      the Meru-sceptred One is above me.

      The western door has a threshold;
      above the threshold is a window.
      Above the window is the Tenth Door.
      Kabir says, "It has no limits, no boundaries."

      -- Songs of Kabir from the Adi Granth, translated by Nirmal Dass,
      SUNY Press, NY, ISBN 0-7914-0561-3