Re: What If There Is No Satsang?

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
      I should probably have added a comma after the word "zeal" so people
      don't misunderstand the passage as suggesting that BOTH the reading
      from the writings of the Masters and meditation could be squeezed
      into an hour each day. Meditation for at least two and a half hours
      each day is recommended to initiates of Sant Mat/Surat Shabd Yoga. It
      should read: "...performing his Abhyas [meditation practices,
      spiritual exercises] regularly with earnestness and zeal*,* and
      reading the sacred books regularly every day for an hour or so...." --
      Babu Ji's recommendtation to create one's own satsang at home if
      one has no public satsang to attend in their area.

      Glad to be providing some of that reading material online!

      Blessings and Radhasoami,

      James
      Radhasoami-Reality, and
      Sant Mat Fellowship

      >performing his Abhyas [meditation practices, spiritual exercises]
      >regularly with earnestness and zeal and reading the sacred books
      >regularly every day for an hour or so.
    • Sian Creed
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2002
        Greeting James and all,
        This is a very pertinent point: the reading of the
        sacred books each day. Being in the position of not
        being able to attend Satsang or group meditation, I
        find that unless I read, even if I regularly meditate,
        my concentration is not as good. I particularly enjoy
        the letters between Maharaj Jagat Singh Ji and his
        discourses.
        Shirley
        --- "santmat_mystic ( James )"

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2002
          Hi Shirley:

          Radhasoami

          Yes, a certain amount of reading can be beneficial as a spiritual
          exercise to prepare for one's daily meditation practice. Most Masters
          have said to read (or sing) a couple of Banis or Bhajans (Hymns of
          Sants) each day.

          On the Letters; right now I'm reading the Biography of Babuji Maharaj
          which contains many of his Letters to initiates. I have about a dozen
          books of Letters from Masters to their disciples -- enough for years
          of posts here! I do plan to continue to post excerpts from the
          Letters. Those are very valuable for spiritual guidance. Everyone
          always enjoys the Letters and feels like they were written just for
          them, and indeed, they are -- there wisdom is quite universal. A
          great source of inspiration.

          Blessings,

          James

          --- In RADHASOAMI-REALITY@y..., Sian Creed <siancreed2001@y...> wrote:
          > Greeting James and all,
          > This is a very pertinent point: the reading of the
          > sacred books each day. Being in the position of not
          > being able to attend Satsang or group meditation, I
          > find that unless I read, even if I regularly meditate,
          > my concentration is not as good. I particularly enjoy
          > the letters between Maharaj Jagat Singh Ji and his
          > discourses.
          > Shirley
        • Alan Bosik
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2002
            Dear Fellow Radhasoaimis...

            I make it a point every day at work to read from something written by one of The Masters. It helps me keep the day in perspective and unattach from the outer world that tends to suck me in while I'm at work.

            Currently I'm reading Discources by Babuji Maharaj. He brings things up during the course of his Discources that bring me to other worlds.

            Peace AND Love to you all.....Alan
          • Linda Kordich
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 6, 2002
              thank you for the message. linmira