Radhasoami Mat Prakash

  • sant_mat_mystic
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 2:41 AM
      {Radhasoami Quotes -- The Spiritual Classics of the Radhasoami Faith}

      Radhasoami Mat Prakash

      This is an excerpt from: "Radhasoami Mat Prakash" by Huzur
      Maharaj (Rai Saligram):

      58. Description of four Principal Personages concerned in the
      practice of Radhasoami Faith.

      139. The Radhasoami Faith recognizes three Grand Personages and a
      sincere and affectionate disciple the fourth, namely,

      1. The Supreme Father,

      2. The Supreme Mother or Original Spirit or Word Current emanating
      from the Supreme Father,

      3. The Supreme Son or Sant Sat Guru, the representative of the
      Supreme Father in human form.

      4. The disciple or the son or human spirit.

      140. The above quaternary may be further explained as follows –

      1. The first personage or the Supreme Father and Sole Master is a
      vast and Boundless Ocean of Spirit and Love and Joy from Whom the
      Original spirit or Word Current emanated.

      2. The second personage or the Supreme Mother is the Original Spirit
      and Sound Current, the Prime Mover, Creator, Nourisher and Supporter
      of the whole creation. It is the connecting link between the Supreme
      Father and the son or disciple, and leads the way and helps the son
      in returning to the Father's Highest Mansion.

      3. The third, the Supreme Son or Sant Sat Guru is the representative
      of the Supreme Father in human form on this earth. This incarnation
      of the Supreme Father or His Special and Beloved Son Sant Sat Guru
      appears.....in this world for the purpose of saving spirits from
      going down to the lower regions and raising them to the highest
      spheres, and finally to the Mansion of the Supreme Father.

      4. The fourth, the disciple, the son or human being is a ray or drop
      descended from the Supreme Sun or Boundless Ocean of Spirit, Love and
      Joy; but his attention having been diverted by mind and matter
      towards the material creation down below, he has lost all knowledge
      of the Supreme Father and his Highest Mansion, and can not now return
      to his Holy abode without the help, externally, of Supreme Father or
      His Special and Beloved Son assuming human form of a Sant Sat Guru,
      and internally, of the Supreme Mother or the connecting Spirit and
      Sound current between the Supreme Father and the disciple or Son, Who
      illumines the heart of a sincere lover and devotee and sheds grace
      and mercy upon him.

      141. As the disciple or devotee proceeds on one's journey
      homeward, one gradually absorbs the spirit and sound current, or in
      other words, shortens the distance between oneself and the Supreme
      Father, and thus playing in the lap of the Supreme Mother, one
      returns with the loving Mother to the Holy and August Presence of the
      Supreme Father.

      59. The work of regeneration.

      143. The work of regeneration consists in the movement of spirit
      entity and mind from the lower to the higher spheres by practice of
      devotion. A person may be said to be twice or thrice born accordingly
      as he has traversed the regions appertaining to first, second or
      third birth. A sincere devotee having strong love for the Supreme
      Being, may through perseverance and fervour and with the Grace and
      Mercy of the Supreme Father and the Sant Sat Guru of his time,
      traverse the regions of two or three births in one life-time, that is
      to say, raise his spirit to the second grand division, and complete
      the work of regeneration in the next life by undergoing the fourth
      birth or traversing the spheres thereto, and finally enter and take
      his abode in the Mansion of the Supreme Father at the top of the
      first grand division or pure spiritual regions. ///
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2003
        {Radhasoami Dayal ki Daya Radhasoami Sahai:

        Radhasoami Mat Prakash:
        "Light on the Teachings of the Lord of the Soul"

        > Recommended Books on the Radhasoami Faith
        >
        > *Book Online: Radhasoami Mat Prakash by Huzur Maharaj:
        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/7849/rsmprakash.html

        Radhasoami Mat Prakash by Huzur Maharaj was THE FIRST Radhasoami book
        to be published in the English language, near the beginning of the
        Twentieth Century.

        Huzur Maharaj: This tract is intended for the benefit of those who,
        seeing the instability and transitory state of the things in this
        world, as well as its short-lived pleasures and greatness, have a
        craving for everlasting and unalloyed happiness and undisturbed peace
        in a mansion which is not subject to change, decay or dissolution.

        Necessity of sincere prayer.

        Prayer is necessary to obtain blessing and mercy to help human
        being's perfect salvation, but it must be offered from the
        innermost of heart and not confined to mere utterance. It must also
        be backed up by works of faith and charity performed through love and
        affection for the Supreme Being.

        Necessity of sincere love for the Supreme Being.

        Great stress is laid in the Radhasoami Faith on engendering love for
        the Supreme Being. This can only be done when all worldly desires are
        gradually eradicated from the mind, and it becomes impressed to the
        inmost core, with the unbounded bliss that might be attained
        approaching the Supreme Being, Radhasoami. Love being attraction, it
        is quite plain that the devotional practice for approaching the
        Supreme Being will become very easy indeed, if there is true love for
        Him, and devotion, instead of being a thing of duty, will be the
        highest and most blissful work in this world.

        The method of taking back the Spirit entity to its original source is
        to ride the Sound Current.

        The method for taking back the spirit entity to its Supreme Source is
        first to concentrate at the focus of eyes the spirit entity and mind
        which are defused in our body and in a manner tied to external
        objects by desires and passions, and next to commence its journey
        homewards by attending to the internal sound, or in other words, by
        riding the life or sound current which has originally emanated from
        the Supreme source.

        The Current which has been instrumental in having brought it down
        here must naturally be the only True Path for its return to the
        original source, and whoever finds this current is on the path of
        emancipation. This current which is the spirit and life current is
        called in the Radhasoami Faith, "Sound' or `Word" or Holy
        Name.

        Radhasoami faith consists in four words.

        The Radhasoami Faith is comprised in four words, viz. –

        1. Sant Sat Guru.

        2. Sat Shabd or Sat Nam.

        3. Satsang.

        4. Sat Anurag or sincere love for the Supreme Being and Sant
        Sat Guru.

        1. A Sant Sat Guru is one who has either descended directly from
        the highest division or reached that quarter by practice of
        Surat-Sahbd-Yoga under the immediate direction of the former.

        2. Sat Shabd or Holy and True Name is the Sound proceeding from
        the original source. It undergoes some changes, or in other words, is
        enveloped in a sort of covering at every step in its descent in
        material regions. By step is meant each sub-division or sphere.

        3. Satsang is attendance on the Sat Guru, hearing His discourse,
        reading His works, and performing acts of faith and charity inspired
        by love for, and a desire to approach, the Supreme Being. This is
        external Satsang. Internal Satsang is the application of mind and
        spirit entity to the sound current at the time of practice and an
        effort to raise them to higher spheres.

        4. By sincere love is meant a strong fervent desire and
        perseverance to approach the Supreme Being. This desire should
        outweigh all worldly desires.

        -- Radhasoami Mat Prakash by Huzur Maharaj, Agra, India
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 20, 2003
          Grant Merciful Radhasoami Thy Grace and Protection}

          Radhasoami Mat Prakash

          This excerpt is from the very FIRST Sant Mat book to appear in the
          English language during the early decades of the twentieth
          century: "Radhasoami Mat Prakash," by Huzur Maharaj Rai Salig Ram.

          Huzur Maharaj authored about 30 books on Sant Mat. His Master
          was Swami Ji Maharaj. It says in "The Last Discourse of Soamiji
          Maharaj," just before Swami Ji left the body, "Then Sundarshan Singh
          (Soami Ji's nephew) asked Swami Ji: 'Whom shall we ask, if there is
          anything to be asked (if there are any questions to be answered)?'
          To this he replied: 'If anyone wants to ask anything (wishes
          anything explained), he should ask Saligram.'" In the years to
          follow, Huzur authored numerous spiritual discourses, cataloging for
          the first time in written form, most all the teachings of Sant Mat.

          In the Light and Sound of the Beloved,

          James
          Radhasoami-Reality

          RADHASOAMI MAT PRAKASH

          107. Taking into consideration the absolute necessity of the welfare
          of the spirit, it appears to be incumbent upon all persons to take
          notice of the diseased state of their mind and to adopt necessary
          measures for the remedying the evil within their present life-time,
          otherwise their case will become nearly hopeless and render them
          liable to great hardships and troubles in this life as well as in
          future re-births in the material regions to which their spirit
          entity and mind will remain confined.

          48. Love for Supreme Being.

          108. This practice can be conducted easily and comfortably if the
          devotee has a little love for the Supreme Being. Without love it
          will be too hard and difficult to practice Surat-Shabd-Yog with any
          good result to be obtained within a short time.

          1. The Supreme Being, being a boundless ocean of spirit or love;
          and, human being, being a drop or current of spirit or love from
          this ocean; and, love being the very essence and means of existence
          of the whole creation, it follows that no effort in any direction,
          temporal or spiritual, unless actuated by love or affectionate
          regard, can be crowned with success, and, the work or labor rendered
          easy, sweet and harmonious.

          2. Love is most sublime, having its origin in the highest region,
          the abode of the Supreme Being. In whatever heart it sprang up, it
          will gradually raise and carry the fortunate possessor of this lofty
          and noble passion to the highest region.

          3. All good qualities and goodness itself will gradually find their
          home in the heart in which love dwells and all bad qualities will be
          rooted out by and by.

          4. Whatever a human being, full of pure love thinks or does, is all
          wisdom; while the thoughts and works of worldly wise persons are
          full of selfishness and folly.

          5. Knowledge without love for the Supreme Being is futile and tends
          towards untruth or darkness or materialism, while love turns
          everything to good use and leads to enlightenment and truth. Even
          worldly love, such as filial and conjugal, is attended with
          goodness, happiness and comfort to all concerned. How much more good
          would then result to mankind in general if the same loves become
          spiritual, and be directed towards the Supreme Being, the merciful
          and Kind Parent of the whole creation.

          6. Self-love brings on egotism or pride, and sows the seed of
          hatred, jealousy and disregard in the minds of kindred, associates
          and neighbors; while pure and sacred love for the Supreme Being
          creates in the heart humility, meekness and an affectionate regard
          for kindred, neighbors and humanity in general.

          7. Pure and holy love is always ready to spend (regardless) whatever
          it has for the sake of its beloved, the Supreme Father, and the
          benefit of mankind without any distinction; whereas self-love or
          love of world always tries to appropriate everything to itself, even
          at the risk and loss of others.

          8. Pure and holy love is always ready to sacrifice anything whatever
          to gain admission into the presence of the beloved, the Supreme
          Being; whereas, self-love will never part with anything except for
          the sake of its own aggrandizement and indulgence in sensual
          pleasures.

          9. The noble passion of love is most powerful and strong. It removes
          all obstacles and thorns in its way and discards all superstitions,
          doubts and skepticism.

          10. Where pure love dwells there sheds the light of Grace, as it
          forms a link with the spirit or love current from its source, the
          Supreme Being.

          11. Such is the strength and effect of affection and kind treatment
          that it subdues ferocity and other injurious and dangerous
          characteristics in beasts and other animals, that is to say, they
          begin to love and have an affectionate regard for their keepers and
          trainers.

          12. A heart devoid of love or affection is as hard as stone, and
          does not form a suitable receptacle for light of Heavenly Grace and
          Mercy.

          13. Sincere love is reciprocal, so if one has a heart full of love
          for the Supreme Being, one is sure to be attracted towards Him by
          Grace, Mercy and Holy Light which will gradually illumine his inner-
          self, and then all menial and worldly affections and desires will
          gradually disappear.

          14. Love or the power of attraction is the basis of the whole
          creation and the cause of its sustenance and preservation.

          15. The Supreme Being loves and takes special care of those who love
          Him with all their heart and soul, and gradually draws them towards
          Himself, the Grand Centre of Pure Light and Attraction; while those
          whose hearts are imbued with worldly love and passions recede from
          this centre, or in other words, they of themselves fly away towards
          the circumference or darkness and untruth.

          16. Every wave of love rising in a lover's heart brings tidings of
          goodness and joy from the beloved, and every thought springing up in
          such a heart is a harbinger of good works and good services for the
          sake of the beloved.

          17. Love has no bounds, knows no restrictions, and is not limited by
          conditions, and like its source is extensive and far reaching in its
          beneficial results.
        • Sant Mat Mysticism
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
            Radhasoami Mat Prakash

            Radhasoami Reality:

            Invaluable Words From the Radhasoami Mat Prakash by Huzur Maharaj

            - Translated by Pravesh K. Singh

            Superiority of Sound Practice (Surat-Shabd-Yoga) over external religious observances

            It is evident ....... that all external works of charity, worship, pilgrimage, or mere reading of holy books, unless accompanied by internal practice of Surat-Shabd-Yoga (the union of Spirit-entity and the Holy Sound), do not lead to True Salvation which can only be attained by raising the spirit-entity to the First Degree or pure spiritual regions. One may reap the fruit of such acts by obtaining happiness in the same or a new body on re-birth, in the same or a higher sphere. But to approach the Supreme Being, there is absolutely no other means except the practice of Surat-Shabd-Yoga under the guidance of a Sant Sat Guru or a Sadh Guru, or a sincere lover of the Supreme Being who has received instructions from, and is helped in his practice by, one of those Superior and Holy Spirits.(Huzur Maharaj)