Iain, Something recent that might be interesting: Mutation rates and the evolution of germline structure | bioRxiv http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/034298 Mutationpngarr
Identical Twins' Genes Are Not Identical “Geneticist Carl Bruder of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, and his colleagues closely compared the genomesirishz156
I noticed several weeks ago that Genographic had announced that they would accept inquiries about access to their database for scientific or genealogicalpngarr
One of the main areas of discussion is advice on SNP testing (FTDNA and YSEQ.net) and especially NGS Y-DNA testing (Big Y and Full Genomes Corp.). Through the sharing of results and analysis, we have made significant progress in discovering new subclades. Progress in this field of research depends on the voluntary sharing of our DNA results. We encourage those with Big Y, FGC and YFull results/analysis to upload that data to our Files section for sharing and analysis. (Only members who joined using a Yahoo address have access to the Files section. Members can post and receive posts using any address.)
IF YOU CHOOSE TO PROVIDE US WITH DNA RAW DATA FROM ANY SOURCE, BY YOUR OWN CHOICE, YOU HAVE GRANTED PERMISSION TO PLACE IT INTO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. IT'S THEN SUBJECT TO USE BY OTHERS WHO MAY WISH TO PRESENT IT DIFFERENTLY ELSEWHERE.
Please adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Please keep topics and queries relevant to the interests of this group. The list moderators may e-mail you a gentle reminder in the case of "topic drift" if the subjects do not pertain to our list topic.
2. When replying to messages, please trim unnecessary quotes from previous messages. It may also be helpful to change the subject line of the reply. Please change the "To:" line if you wish to reply to an individual; replying to someone off list may be more appropriate than sending a post to the entire list.
3. Politics, religion, profanity, rudeness and “trolling” in general are not allowed or tolerated! Extreme cases or multiple violations may result in the violator being placed on moderation or removed from the group.
4. Do NOT forward or cross-post other people's messages into or out of the list WITHOUT their permission.
Please also read http://tinyurl.com/mashkmf
- Apr 9, 2008
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.