Re: O/T: FTDNA seeking adoptee story for a TV production

  • GTC
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
      I think it's a case of different strokes. Some people don't mind being on TV for such events, while others wouldn't want it.

      And we should bear in mind that pre-recorded TV programs are to some extent rehearsed, if only to get the camera angles covered (e.g. "Who Do You Think You Are?" subjects visiting relations they haven't met before ... except during the camera rehearsal!).

      The producer plans it all out in advance.

      --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Janzen" <tjanzen@...> wrote:

      > I think that this borders on sensationalism to a certain extent. If I were
      > an adoptee meeting my biological family for the first time I certainly
      > wouldn't want to do it in front of a TV camera on nationwide TV. I would
      > much prefer to meet my biological relatives in private. If everything went
      > well then it might be appropriate to discuss it in a more public format such
      > as Dick Hill has done in his book, "Finding Family".
      >
      > Tim Janzen

    • jecooke88
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
        We have in our project two adoptees (neither have met each other save thru email)that have the same mismatches to the group.
        IOW, they are close matches to the group, but match each other exactly.

        Perhaps this would be a good story-line?

        jim

        --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "GTC" <gtc@...> wrote:

        > I think it's a case of different strokes. Some people don't mind being on TV for such events, while others wouldn't want it.
        >
        > And we should bear in mind that pre-recorded TV programs are to some extent rehearsed, if only to get the camera angles covered (e.g. "Who Do You Think You Are?" subjects visiting relations they haven't met before ... except during the camera rehearsal!).
        >
        > The producer plans it all out in advance.
        >
        > --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Janzen" <tjanzen@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I think that this borders on sensationalism to a certain extent. If I were
        > > an adoptee meeting my biological family for the first time I certainly
        > > wouldn't want to do it in front of a TV camera on nationwide TV. I would
        > > much prefer to meet my biological relatives in private. If everything went
        > > well then it might be appropriate to discuss it in a more public format such
        > > as Dick Hill has done in his book, "Finding Family".
        > >
        > > Tim Janzen

      • Charles Moore
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
          Contact Max immediately.  This is "better than the original."

          Charles

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 26, 2012
            Done. We'll see what happens