Activity of this group

  • Arnold Zuiderent
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
      Is there a special reason that there were no messages in this group
      since more than a month?
    • Lynn Hotchkiss
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
        I've been wondering, too.

        On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Arnold Zuiderent <arnold@...> wrote:

        Is there a special reason that there were no messages in this group
        since more than a month?

      • David Weston
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
          Work, holidays, and nothing new to report for my part.  Cheers, David.

          Is there a special reason that there were no messages in this group
          since more than a month?

        • Dan Draghici
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
            Same here, but I checked the project page all the time.

            Dan Draghici

            Work, holidays, and nothing new to report for my part.  Cheers, David.

            Is there a special reason that there were no messages in this group
            since more than a month?

          • Gary & Ann Blakely
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009

              I think that most of the activity has moved to the DNA forums. The little activity of recent has been mostly new sub groups that only 23andMe tests for at the present time.

              Gary Blakely

              Is there a special reason that there were no messages in this group
              since more than a month?

            • John German
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
                Can anything be said about the new subcalde SNP  L48?  Age? Geography?

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009

                  Not with any reasonable confidence due to insufficient data.  We won't be able to say much  meaningful interms for deep ancestry about this group until FTDNA and EA add it to their SNP menu.  I hope to see it on the FTDNA Deep Clade tree in 3-6 months, and their Advanced menu sooner.

                  David.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
                    I have to agree with Gary on this - much of the discussion that's been taking place has moved to www.dna-forums.org. Here's a link to the forum that discusses all issues U106 -  http://dna-forums.org/index.php?showforum=96

                    Also, I agree with David that the holiday period has something to do with the lack of postings here. I think that will change in the next several weeks, when I expect we can make some announcements about L48. As David mentioned in response to John German, we just don't have enough L48 results to say anything definitive yet about it.

                    However, I'm hopeful that this SNP will define a major new subclade of R1b-U106. We'll only know the answer to that when we get more test results, first from 23andMe and, hopefully, not too long after that from testing at FTDNA and EA.

                    Mike Maddi

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 3, 2009
                      Hi Mike,
                      FTDNA has the L1 test listed as my next possible test, but I
                      understand you need to be null on marker DYS439 to even have a chance
                      of being positive for L1. I'm not null at that marker. I'm waiting
                      for my 23 and Me results. The test results should have been here by
                      now, but I was notified last week that due to the large response to
                      recent exposures such as Oprah my test results wouldn't be ready
                      until 8-10 weeks from the time the sample was received (mine was
                      received 11-29-08). Are there any results in reference to being U106+
                      that I should look at in my results once they are received?
                      Thanks,
                      Ernest

                      --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Michael Maddi <mtmaddi@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I have to agree with Gary on this - much of the discussion that's
                      been taking place has moved to www.dna-forums.org. Here's a link to
                      the forum that discusses all issues U106 -  http://dna-
                      forums.org/index.php?showforum=96

                      > Also, I agree with David that the holiday period has something to
                      do with the lack of postings here. I think that will change in the
                      next several weeks, when I expect we can make some announcements
                      about L48. As David mentioned in response to John German, we just
                      don't have enough L48 results to say anything definitive yet about it.

                      > However, I'm hopeful that this SNP will define a major new subclade
                      of R1b-U106. We'll only know the answer to that when we get more test
                      results, first from 23andMe and, hopefully, not too long after that
                      from testing at FTDNA and EA.

                      > Mike Maddi

                      yahoogroups.. com ] On Behalf Of Arnold Zuiderent

                      > Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009
                      > 7:40 AM
                      >
                      > To: R1b1c_U106-S21@ yahoogroups. com
                      >
                      > Subject: [R1b1c_U106- S21] Activity
                      > of this group
                      >

                      > Is there a special reason that there were no messages
                      > in this group
                      >
                      > since more than a month?

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 7, 2009
                        Ernest,

                        Thanks for letting me know that you've ordered the 23andMe test. I'm
                        keeping a spreadsheet for R1b-U106 Project members who expect results
                        from 23andMe, so I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

                        If anyone else has ordered a 23andMe test, please let me know, either
                        on this list or offlist. I want to keep track of the results among
                        U106+ men for L48

                        Mike

                        --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "celticmoondog" <cujo@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Mike,
                        > FTDNA has the L1 test listed as my next possible test, but I
                        > understand you need to be null on marker DYS439 to even have a chance
                        > of being positive for L1. I'm not null at that marker. I'm waiting
                        > for my 23 and Me results. The test results should have been here by
                        > now, but I was notified last week that due to the large response to
                        > recent exposures such as Oprah my test results wouldn't be ready
                        > until 8-10 weeks from the time the sample was received (mine was
                        > received 11-29-08). Are there any results in reference to being U106+
                        > that I should look at in my results once they are received?
                        > Thanks,
                        > Ernest
                        >

                        > --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Michael Maddi <mtmaddi@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I have to agree with Gary on this - much of the discussion that's
                        > been taking place has moved to www.dna-forums.org. Here's a link to
                        > the forum that discusses all issues U106 - http://dna-
                        > forums.org/index.php?showforum=96
                        > >
                        > > Also, I agree with David that the holiday period has something to
                        > do with the lack of postings here. I think that will change in the
                        > next several weeks, when I expect we can make some announcements
                        > about L48. As David mentioned in response to John German, we just
                        > don't have enough L48 results to say anything definitive yet about it.
                        > >
                        > > However, I'm hopeful that this SNP will define a major new subclade
                        > of R1b-U106. We'll only know the answer to that when we get more test
                        > results, first from 23andMe and, hopefully, not too long after that
                        > from testing at FTDNA and EA.
                        > >
                        > > Mike Maddi

                      • Eldon Wade
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 8, 2009

                          Hi Mike,

                          I have ordered the 23andMe test but I just sent the sample back a couple of days ago so I suspect it will be awhile before results are available.

                          Eldon

                          Thanks for letting me know that you've ordered the 23andMe test. I'm
                          keeping a spreadsheet for R1b-U106 Project members who expect results
                          from 23andMe, so I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

                          If anyone else has ordered a 23andMe test, please let me know, either
                          on this list or offlist. I want to keep track of the results among
                          U106+ men for L48

                          Mike

                          --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "celticmoondog" <cujo@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Mike,
                          > FTDNA has the L1 test listed as my next possible test, but I
                          > understand you need to be null on marker DYS439 to even have a chance
                          > of being positive for L1. I'm not null at that marker. I'm waiting
                          > for my 23 and Me results. The test results should have been here by
                          > now, but I was notified last week that due to the large response to
                          > recent exposures such as Oprah my test results wouldn't be ready
                          > until 8-10 weeks from the time the sample was received (mine was
                          > received 11-29-08). Are there any results in reference to being U106+
                          > that I should look at in my results once they are received?
                          > Thanks,
                          > Ernest
                          >

                          > --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com,
                          Michael Maddi <mtmaddi@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I have to agree with Gary on this - much of the discussion that's
                          > been taking place has moved to www.dna-forums.org. Here's a link to
                          > the forum that discusses all issues U106 - http://dna-
                          > forums.org/index.php?showforum=96
                          > >
                          > > Also, I agree with David that the holiday period has something to
                          > do with the lack of postings here. I think that will change in the
                          > next several weeks, when I expect we can make some announcements
                          > about L48. As David mentioned in response to John German, we just
                          > don't have enough L48 results to say anything definitive yet about it.
                          > >
                          > > However, I'm hopeful that this SNP will define a major new subclade
                          > of R1b-U106. We'll only know the answer to that when we get more test
                          > results, first from 23andMe and, hopefully, not too long after that
                          > from testing at FTDNA and EA.
                          > >
                          > > Mike Maddi

                        • Eldon Wade
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 8, 2009

                            Hi Mike,

                            I have ordered the 23andMe test.

                            Eldon

                            Thanks for letting me know that you've ordered the 23andMe test. I'm
                            keeping a spreadsheet for R1b-U106 Project members who expect results
                            from 23andMe, so I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

                            If anyone else has ordered a 23andMe test, please let me know, either
                            on this list or offlist. I want to keep track of the results among
                            U106+ men for L48

                            Mike

                            --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "celticmoondog" <cujo@...> wrote:

                            > Hi Mike,
                            > FTDNA has the L1 test listed as my next possible test, but I
                            > understand you need to be null on marker DYS439 to even have a chance
                            > of being positive for L1. I'm not null at that marker. I'm waiting
                            > for my 23 and Me results. The test results should have been here by
                            > now, but I was notified last week that due to the large response to
                            > recent exposures such as Oprah my test results wouldn't be ready
                            > until 8-10 weeks from the time the sample was received (mine was
                            > received 11-29-08). Are there any results in reference to being U106+
                            > that I should look at in my results once they are received?
                            > Thanks,
                            > Ernest
                            >

                            > --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com,
                            Michael Maddi <mtmaddi@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > I have to agree with Gary on this - much of the discussion that's
                            > been taking place has moved to www.dna-forums.org. Here's a link to
                            > the forum that discusses all issues U106 - http://dna-
                            > forums.org/index.php?showforum=96
                            > >
                            > > Also, I agree with David that the holiday period has something to
                            > do with the lack of postings here. I think that will change in the
                            > next several weeks, when I expect we can make some announcements
                            > about L48. As David mentioned in response to John German, we just
                            > don't have enough L48 results to say anything definitive yet about it.
                            > >
                            > > However, I'm hopeful that this SNP will define a major new subclade
                            > of R1b-U106. We'll only know the answer to that when we get more test
                            > results, first from 23andMe and, hopefully, not too long after that
                            > from testing at FTDNA and EA.
                            > >
                            > > Mike Maddi

                          • Eldon Wade
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 8, 2009
                              Mike,

                              I have just submitted my sample to 23andMe.

                              Eldon