my results

  • Lee Collins
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
      Hello friends,

      My latest results are included

      Z19+ Z18+ Z14+ U106+ P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ Z15- U198- U152- SRY2627- P66- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L257- L147.3-

      Lee Collins in USA
    • Charles
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
        Hi Lee,

        These results show that you are Z14* (Z14+, L257-, Z15-), and fully SNP-tested at the present time. I checked to make sure that you are a member of the Z18 Project, which you are, and essentially you have done everything you need to do to position yourself perfectly, pending future SNPs becoming testable. Greg Magoon's proposed R-U106 phylogeny, based on preliminary testing at the 1000 Genomes Project, indicates that there is a SNP known as Z372, which evidently lies in between Z14 and L257. Consequently, if and when Z372 becomes testable at FTDNA, you will want to test for it. Peter is the expert on the Z18 branch of R-U106, and in that regard, you are fortunate.

        So, I think at this point that you should rely on Peter's guidance, and otherwise wait for Z372 to become testable.

        Thanks for letting us know about your status.

        Charles

        --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Lee Collins <mrleecollins@...> wrote:

        > Hello friends,
        >
        > My latest results are included
        >
        > Z19+ Z18+ Z14+ U106+ P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ Z15- U198- U152- SRY2627-
        > P66- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L257- L147.3-
        >
        > Lee Collins in USA

      • GTC
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
          I note that Greg Magoon shows Z15 below Z372, and I gather that Z15 is available for test, or is it considered a private SNP at this point in time?

          --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <cdmo29@...> wrote:

          > Hi Lee,
          >
          > These results show that you are Z14* (Z14+, L257-, Z15-), and fully SNP-tested at the present time. I checked to make sure that you are a member of the Z18 Project, which you are, and essentially you have done everything you need to do to position yourself perfectly, pending future SNPs becoming testable. Greg Magoon's proposed R-U106 phylogeny, based on preliminary testing at the 1000 Genomes Project, indicates that there is a SNP known as Z372, which evidently lies in between Z14 and L257. Consequently, if and when Z372 becomes testable at FTDNA, you will want to test for it. Peter is the expert on the Z18 branch of R-U106, and in that regard, you are fortunate.
          >
          > So, I think at this point that you should rely on Peter's guidance, and otherwise wait for Z372 to become testable.
          >
          > Thanks for letting us know about your status.
          >
          > Charles
          >
          > --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Lee Collins <mrleecollins@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello friends,
          > >
          > > My latest results are included
          > >
          > > Z19+ Z18+ Z14+ U106+ P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ Z15- U198- U152- SRY2627-
          > > P66- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L257- L147.3-
          > >
          > > Lee Collins in USA

        • GTC
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
            Ooops, now that I am fully awake, I note that Lee is already Z15-.

            --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "GTC" <gtc@...> wrote:

            > I note that Greg Magoon shows Z15 below Z372, and I gather that Z15 is available for test, or is it considered a private SNP at this point in time?
            >
            > --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <cdmo29@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Lee,
            > >
            > > These results show that you are Z14* (Z14+, L257-, Z15-), and fully SNP-tested at the present time. I checked to make sure that you are a member of the Z18 Project, which you are, and essentially you have done everything you need to do to position yourself perfectly, pending future SNPs becoming testable. Greg Magoon's proposed R-U106 phylogeny, based on preliminary testing at the 1000 Genomes Project, indicates that there is a SNP known as Z372, which evidently lies in between Z14 and L257. Consequently, if and when Z372 becomes testable at FTDNA, you will want to test for it. Peter is the expert on the Z18 branch of R-U106, and in that regard, you are fortunate.
            > >
            > > So, I think at this point that you should rely on Peter's guidance, and otherwise wait for Z372 to become testable.
            > >
            > > Thanks for letting us know about your status.
            > >
            > > Charles
            > >
            > > --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Lee Collins <mrleecollins@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello friends,
            > > >
            > > > My latest results are included
            > > >
            > > > Z19+ Z18+ Z14+ U106+ P25+ M343+ M269+ M207+ M173+ Z15- U198- U152- SRY2627-
            > > > P66- P107- M73- M65- M37- M222- M18- M160- M153- M126- L257- L147.3-
            > > >
            > > > Lee Collins in USA

          • Vince
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
              Earlier this week I submitted a primer set design to Thomas Krahn that should address Z372. If all goes well, Z372 should be available for testing within 3-6 months ...

              ... and hopefully by then an R-L257 fellow would have also volunteered to test Z14 so we can accurately place Z14 on the ISOGG Y-tree with confidence ...

              Vince T.

              --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <cdmo29@...> wrote:

              >[...SNiP...] Consequently, if and when Z372 becomes testable at FTDNA, you will want to test for it. Peter is the expert on the Z18 branch of R-U106, and in that regard, you are fortunate.
              >
              > So, I think at this point that you should rely on Peter's guidance, and otherwise wait for Z372 to become testable.
              >
              > Thanks for letting us know about your status.
              >
              > Charles

            • Raymond Wing
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                First of all, I would like to thank all the pioneers who have tested the new Z-series SNPs below L48.  We have learned a whole lot about this major cascade of SNPs and have developed a fairly comprehensive database of haplotypes for the various clades.

                We currently have a little more than a dozen individuals who have tested Z8+, but have not (yet) tested for any of the subclades below Z8. There are two known subclades of Z8 (where previously we had only seen a series of 1 subclade under each clade). While we know the 1523 cluster and the Z6 SNP fall under Z1, and the L148 SNP falls under Z11-Z12, we don't have enough "vanilla" Z8 haplotypes tested for these SNPs to make any real prediction whether they would be L1+, Z11-Z12+, or Z8*.

                I'm hoping more of the Z8 folks would consider testing for Z1 and/or Z11-Z12.

                Ray
              • Charles
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                  I would just add on to what Ray has said, by suggesting a strategy previously recommended by Eldon Wade. Which is, that since it appears likely that Z1 will be the larger subclade, that a Z8+ might want to test Z1 first, and if Z1-, then try Z11.

                  A very preliminary result suggests that Z11 is ancestral of Z12, so one step at a time is probably the most sensible way to approach this.

                  Charles

                  --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Wing <wing_genealogist@...> wrote:

                  > First of all, I would like to thank all the pioneers who have tested the new Z-series SNPs below L48.  We have learned a whole lot about this major cascade of SNPs and have developed a fairly comprehensive database of haplotypes for the various clades.
                  >
                  > We currently have a little more than a dozen individuals who have tested Z8+, but have not (yet) tested for any of the subclades below Z8. There are two known subclades of Z8 (where previously we had only seen a series of 1 subclade under each clade). While we know the 1523 cluster and the Z6 SNP fall under Z1, and the L148 SNP falls under Z11-Z12, we don't have enough "vanilla" Z8 haplotypes tested for these SNPs to make any real prediction whether they would be L1+, Z11-Z12+, or Z8*.
                  >
                  > I'm hoping more of the Z8 folks would consider testing for Z1 and/or Z11-Z12.
                  >

                  > Ray

                • GTC
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                    Also at the Z8 "junction", any news on primers for Z3 and Z4?

                    --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "Charles" <cdmo29@...> wrote:

                    > I would just add on to what Ray has said, by suggesting a strategy previously recommended by Eldon Wade. Which is, that since it appears likely that Z1 will be the larger subclade, that a Z8+ might want to test Z1 first, and if Z1-, then try Z11.
                    >
                    > A very preliminary result suggests that Z11 is ancestral of Z12, so one step at a time is probably the most sensible way to approach this.
                    >
                    > Charles
                    >
                    > --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Wing <wing_genealogist@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > First of all, I would like to thank all the pioneers who have tested the new Z-series SNPs below L48.  We have learned a whole lot about this major cascade of SNPs and have developed a fairly comprehensive database of haplotypes for the various clades.
                    > >
                    > > We currently have a little more than a dozen individuals who have tested Z8+, but have not (yet) tested for any of the subclades below Z8. There are two known subclades of Z8 (where previously we had only seen a series of 1 subclade under each clade). While we know the 1523 cluster and the Z6 SNP fall under Z1, and the L148 SNP falls under Z11-Z12, we don't have enough "vanilla" Z8 haplotypes tested for these SNPs to make any real prediction whether they would be L1+, Z11-Z12+, or Z8*.
                    > >
                    > > I'm hoping more of the Z8 folks would consider testing for Z1 and/or Z11-Z12.
                    > >

                    > > Ray

                  • sofiatemplar
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 5, 2011
                      Hi Ray, if you did not know my results for Z1 are due in early Jan, and as I am Z8+ and match some Sinclairs who have tested positive for Z1, it looks like I will follow suit.
                      464X has also being tested thanks to Mr.Hale.
                      I will keep you posted as to what the results are as soon as I get them.
                      Shawn Sinclair