L477, L493, L525

  • Geoffrey Clark
    Message 1 of 57 , May 5, 2011
      Dear Brian,

      Do we have the foggiest notion of the relative positions of L477, L493, or L525?  Do we have a sense of how widely they are shared among L48+ men?  I'm trying to get a feel for the marginal utility of ordering one or more from ftdna since availability of the L525 test seems to be nearing.

      Geoffrey Clark

      On 4/25/2011 6:37 AM, Brian P. Swann wrote:

      Dear Robert

      We have found 3 new SNPs using the v3 23andMe Chip.  L477, L493 and L525.

      Craig Venter has them too – so Thomas does not get very excited about this discovery – but we do.

      So I am not sure anyone has the answer to your question.  For sure these three are downstream of U106/S21 by some mileage – as Thomas then had to number them.

      Brian

      Message 57 of 57 , May 5, 2011
        And thank you, Brian.

        On 5/5/2011 7:29 PM, Brian P. Swann wrote:

        I think Wayne is right – but probably Adriano Squecco can give the best answer as he is uploading the results from the v3 Illumina Chip into his database, as I understand.

        That will give the best idea of their rarity relative to the other markers downstream from R1b- L-48.

        Brian