Re: [R1b1c_U106-S21] What Tests?

  • Michael Maddi
    Message 1 of 57 , Apr 1 4:01 AM
      It looks like FTDNA's new tree includes all known SNPs, whether they are private or not. It would be helpful if they would make it clear which are thought to be private, so that those who want to save their money for the best chance to test positive won't spend unwisely.

      Mike

      From: Michael Maddi <mtmaddi@...>
      Sender: R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 05:23:15 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com

      At this time, there are no known SNPs downstream from L48 that a member of the null 425 cluster would be positive for. L188 was positive in Wayne Kauffman, a member of the cluster. However, testing of L188 by other cluster members show that it's a private SNP, only found in Kauffman lines.

      Mike Maddi

      Message 57 of 57 , May 5, 2011
        And thank you, Brian.

        On 5/5/2011 7:29 PM, Brian P. Swann wrote:

        I think Wayne is right – but probably Adriano Squecco can give the best answer as he is uploading the results from the v3 Illumina Chip into his database, as I understand.

        That will give the best idea of their rarity relative to the other markers downstream from R1b- L-48.

        Brian