Warrior gene

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2011
      As a Christmas present to my self, I decided to test for the FTDNA "Warrior gene". Pricing then was $ 49, and the result came through today as positive. "Warrior gene" seems to put a heroic spin on a cluster of unpleasant traits that Manuck SB et summed up as "personality traits germane to impulse control and antagonistic behavior."

      It would be interesting to see if U106 inclines to this characteristic. Some of the studies I have seen come from the Netherlands.

      I had better sent this quick, before I change my mind :)
    • Charles Moore
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2013
        I took the FTDNA test to see if I have the DNA variant on the X chromosome known as the Warrior gene. Yep, I've got it. About 34% of European men do.

        But here's the thing: several years ago I took their test to see if I have the DNA variant known as the Immunity gene. Yep, both copies, one from Mom and one from Dad. About 1% of European men have both copies.

        Multiplying these two together, we can see that the chance of having both the Warrior gene AND the Immunity gene at the same time, is extremely rare.

        I AM INVINCIBLE.

        Y'all are in serious trouble.

        Charles
      • Gail Riddell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2013
          Huh!

          The double "X" will out wit the "X,Y" any day!
          Warrior Gene hasn't a hope...

          Gail

          On 12/01/2013, at 10:04 PM, Charles Moore wrote:

          I took the FTDNA test to see if I have the DNA variant on the X chromosome known as the Warrior gene. Yep, I've got it. About 34% of European men do.

          But here's the thing: several years ago I took their test to see if I have the DNA variant known as the Immunity gene. Yep, both copies, one from Mom and one from Dad. About 1% of European men have both copies.

          Multiplying these two together, we can see that the chance of having both the Warrior gene AND the Immunity gene at the same time, is extremely rare.

          I AM INVINCIBLE.

          Y'all are in serious trouble.

          Charles

        • Dan D.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 12, 2013
            Lucky you Charles!

            While I do have the Warrior gene, too, I am part of 99% who lack immunity, as my results show no deletions.

            Cheers,
            Dan D