Re: Anything new? More L48+WTY results

  • mfousse
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
      Wayne - Am I one of the 2 WTY still in the queue? I received my order confirmation August 18th last year when I self-funded and I'm still waiting...

      "Thank you for ordering the Walk Through the Y test. Your sample kit number is 160592. The price of your order is $750.00"

      $249 for another test when I've waited almost 6 months for this one so far? I'll think I'll wait.

      Michael

      --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Danny Barksdale <db14399@...> wrote:

      > Well, I'm bored, dumb and lost. I'm listed in this category R-L48x(L47,Null 425) ←L148 Advanced YSNP test recommended , but
      > have a 12 at 425. Would someone explain exactly what null 425 means. Thanks Kit 52078
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Graeme
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2010
        I have been considering self-funding a WTY run, but I'm getting the feeling that FTDNA's interest in WTY has waned. They forgot about one guy's order and yours has been 6 months without response (maybe they have forgotten your order too?). That makes me think that WTY work is considered a low priority job at their lab.

        Also, I have recently ordered the FF, which required me to provide 2 more sample vials, so I'm not keen to have yet another test kit floating around FTDNA at the moment.

        --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "mfousse" <mfousse@...> wrote:

        > Wayne - Am I one of the 2 WTY still in the queue? I received my order confirmation August 18th last year when I self-funded and I'm still waiting...
        >
        > "Thank you for ordering the Walk Through the Y test. Your sample kit number is 160592. The price of your order is $750.00"
        >
        > $249 for another test when I've waited almost 6 months for this one so far? I'll think I'll wait.
      • Tim Janzen
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 2, 2010

          Dear Graeme,

                      I think that there is still a lot of interest in WTY on the part of FTDNA, but they may not have enough staff to put a lot of emphasis on it.  We all need to keep in mind that economical complete genome sequencing is just around the corner (probably within 3-5 years) and so it will make sense for FTDNA to jump into that at the most reasonable opportunity.  I would prefer not to pay $750 multiple times for 100,000 base pairs at a time when I can have my entire Y chromosome sequence at some point in the near future for a number of thousands of dollars.

          Sincerely,

          Tim Janzen