A new SNP L237

  • ospicton
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi
      I think a lot continues to happen in this U106 group. We are on the cutting edge. Nothing remains static. A year ago we just started talking about L44, L45, L46, L47 and L48. Tests were not available from FTDNA until January or February for these SNPs. I just looked on Ysearch and the list for those who test positive for L48+ has grown from 0 to 210 names this year.

      This year, new SNPs continue to be found for in my Y-DNA. I tested positive at FTDNA for L44+, L46+, L47+ and L48+.

      Then 23and Me SNP results showed that I additionally test positive for L45+, L163+, L164+ and a new SNP rs13305070.

      Adriano Squecco just sent me an Email message that the new SNP rs13305070 has been named L237. I was the first found with this SNP.

      AS I understand it, FTDNA did not find L237 in my WTY test results because they do not yet test for it. Brian Swann asked Thomas Krahn of FTDNA if he could check and see if Criag Venter has L163, L164 and L237. Thomas Krahn was kind enough to check and reported that Craig Venter also is positive for L163, L164,and L237.

      My WTY results came today. What new discovery will I find. I am blessed with all the results.

      Blessings,
      Owen
    • John German
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
        Are the new SNPs upstream or downstream from L48?

        ospicton wrote:

        >Hi
        >I think a lot continues to happen in this U106 group. We are on the cutting edge. Nothing remains static. A year ago we just started talking about L44, L45, L46, L47 and L48. Tests were not available from FTDNA until January or February for these SNPs. I just looked on Ysearch and the list for those who test positive for L48+ has grown from 0 to 210 names this year.
        >
        >This year, new SNPs continue to be found for in my Y-DNA. I tested positive at FTDNA for L44+, L46+, L47+ and L48+.
        >
        >Then 23and Me SNP results showed that I additionally test positive for L45+, L163+, L164+ and a new SNP rs13305070.
        >
        >Adriano Squecco just sent me an Email message that the new SNP rs13305070 has been named L237. I was the first found with this SNP.
        >
        >AS I understand it, FTDNA did not find L237 in my WTY test results because they do not yet test for it. Brian Swann asked Thomas Krahn of FTDNA if he could check and see if Criag Venter has L163, L164 and L237. Thomas Krahn was kind enough to check and reported that Craig Venter also is positive for L163, L164,and L237.
        >
        >My WTY results came today. What new discovery will I find. I am blessed with all the results.
        >
        >Blessings,
        >Owen

      • ospicton
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2009
          Hi
          I think one must be L46+ then you would most likely be L237+
          Blessings,
          Owen
        • brian swann
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
            Message
            Downstream from L48 and L47.

            Thomas Krahn has them on his Y-DNA browser at FTDNA.

            The sequence goes L48, L47, L44 and then at present it is a toss-up how L46, L45, L163, L164 and L237 fit together - not enough folk tested to say anything much useful - unless Thomas Krahn knows different.

            Brian

            Brian Picton Swann
            ISOGG Regional Co-ordinator, England & Wales

            ospicton wrote:

            >Hi
            >I think a lot continues to happen in this U106 group. We are on the cutting edge. Nothing remains static. A year ago we just started talking about L44, L45, L46, L47 and L48. Tests were not available from FTDNA until January or February for these SNPs. I just looked on Ysearch and the list for those who test positive for L48+ has grown from 0 to 210 names this year.
            >
            >This year, new SNPs continue to be found for in my Y-DNA. I tested positive at FTDNA for L44+, L46+, L47+ and L48+.
            >
            >Then 23and Me SNP results showed that I additionally test positive for L45+, L163+, L164+ and a new SNP rs13305070.
            >
            >Adriano Squecco just sent me an Email message that the new SNP rs13305070 has been named L237. I was the first found with this SNP.
            >
            >AS I understand it, FTDNA did not find L237 in my WTY test results because they do not yet test for it. Brian Swann asked Thomas Krahn of FTDNA if he could check and see if Criag Venter has L163, L164 and L237. Thomas Krahn was kind enough to check and reported that Craig Venter also is positive for L163, L164,and L237.
            >
            >My WTY results came today. What new discovery will I find. I am blessed with all the results.
            >
            >Blessings,
            >Owen

          • Brent Richards

              ospicton wrote:

              >Hi
              >I think a lot continues to happen in this U106 group. We are on the cutting edge. Nothing remains static. A year ago we just started talking about L44, L45, L46, L47 and L48. Tests were not available from FTDNA until January or February for these SNPs. I just looked on Ysearch and the list for those who test positive for L48+ has grown from 0 to 210 names this year.
              >
              >This year, new SNPs continue to be found for in my Y-DNA. I tested positive at FTDNA for L44+, L46+, L47+ and L48+.
              >
              >Then 23and Me SNP results showed that I additionally test positive for L45+, L163+, L164+ and a new SNP rs13305070.
              >
              >Adriano Squecco just sent me an Email message that the new SNP rs13305070 has been named L237. I was the first found with this SNP.
              >
              >AS I understand it, FTDNA did not find L237 in my WTY test results because they do not yet test for it. Brian Swann asked Thomas Krahn of FTDNA if he could check and see if Criag Venter has L163, L164 and L237. Thomas Krahn was kind enough to check and reported that Craig Venter also is positive for L163, L164,and L237.
              >
              >My WTY results came today. What new discovery will I find. I am blessed with all the results.
              >
              >Blessings,
              >Owen

            • Graeme
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 2, 2009
                --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "ospicton" <ospicton@...> wrote:

                > I just looked on Ysearch and the list for those who test positive for L48+ has grown from 0 to 210 names this year.

                And most if us seem to be stuck there, too. :-(

                > This year, new SNPs continue to be found for in my Y-DNA. I tested positive at FTDNA for L44+, L46+, L47+ and L48+.
                >
                > Then 23and Me SNP results showed that I additionally test positive for L45+, L163+, L164+ and a new SNP rs13305070.

                You are truly remarkable in that regard. At this rate you'll have your own grouping in Adrian's sheet.
              • Susan Mertz
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 3, 2009
                  I just joined the L48+ WTY so maybe there will be a new SNP discovered in another 6-9 months.  I'm in the Frisian cluster, Ysearch ZXSTZ.
                • Raymond Wing
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 4, 2009
                    I believe I have posted to this site about a new SNP being found by 23andMe in my DNA. This SNP (M157) has been verified by FT DNA and has been given the designation of M157.2 (as it was previously found in R1a).

                    I have had another family member test for this SNP at FT DNA (which now offers this test in its Advanced Orders). Our most recent common ancestor was born in 1584. He also tested positive for this SNP.

                    The next step is to find other surnames who have this SNP. My family share a couple of rare DYS values including DYS 439=13, DYS 458=19 and (see ySearch 3QBMB for full details)

                    Raymond T. Wing
                    Genealogist, Wing Family of America, Inc. [WFA]
                    www.wingfamily.org

                  • brian swann
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 4, 2009
                      Message
                      Dear Raymond

                      I presume Craig Venter's published genome sequence does not have this new SNP - is that correct?  He is R1b-L48, of course.

                      Brian

                      Brian P. Swann
                      ISOGG Regional Co-ordinator, England and & Wales

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 4, 2009
                        Brian,

                        I am L47-, and others who are L47+ do not have this SNP (per Adrian Squecco's 23andMe file). Therefor, M157.2 is a brother clade to L47 (as well as L148, L188 and others).  Thomas Krahn has placed M157.2 on his ytree.ftdna.com site.

                        Ray

                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 5, 2009
                          Good luck :-)

                          I hope to get my WTY results back sometime in the next 2 months.

                          Michael Fousse