Re: Goggle Earth

  • Ernest K Johnson
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2013
      Thanks Paul for that information. It's something I didn't know.
      Ernest

      --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, Paul Roche <proche195@...> wrote:

      > Ernest,
      >
      > Also, I assume you know you can find maps that correspond to the areas surveyed on Griffiths Valuation.  You can then look and see those same locations today using Google earth (maps.)  I have overlayed my Roche names from Griffiths over the existing Google maps today to get a rough idea of where they all were in County Wexford near Enniscorthy...
      >

      > Paul Roche
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Ernest K Johnson
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2013
        Mike I'm with you. That a long ways to go and not speak to newly found relatives. I think I would have winged it on the German. Of course a lot of Germans understand English.
        Ernest
        --- In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dutton" <michaeldutton@...> wrote:

        > My paternal grandmother’s grandfather came from Zuzenhausen, Germany. His surname was Karrer, but he changed it to Karr so his jewelry store customers in Washington, DC, would be able to better pronounce his name.
        >
        > A distant cousin of mine traveled there. She was unable to meet with any living cousins, though they are still living in the town, but did manage to get a photograph of a Karrer home. She, my cousin, was on a limited schedule and did not want to “pop” in on folks, on a Sunday, whom she’d never met and did not know.........
        >
        > I can understand that, but a brash old curmudgeon like myself would have done otherwise!! Might have been problematic, as I do not speak German!

      • tidmay
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
          Paul,

          Thanks for the tip.

          Tim

          Subject: Re: [R1b1c_U106-S21] Goggle Earth
          To: "R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com" <R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2013
            The Bowmont Valley has street view!
            I've already picked out where I'd put MY peal tower.
            ~Steve Young