      From: Belinda Dettmann <belindadettmann@...>;
      To: <R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: RE: RE: Re: [R1b1c_U106-S21] 23 and Me - Raw Data
      Sent: Thu, Nov 14, 2013 9:05:28 AM

      David, you can check the 23andMe Haplogroup definitions through their Haplogroup description tool (can’t remember its name) via the Ancestry Tools menu.  I think they use the ISOGG 2009 version for Y-tree haplogroups. For instance R-L21 is R1b1b2a1a2f* there. U106 is R1b1b2a1a and R-L48 is R1b1b2a1a1d.

      Belinda

      From: R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com [mailto:R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Carlisle

      It should assign you to your haplogroup, though with not as much detail and precision.

      I just checked my 23andme account and I notice it uses the long notation, in probably an outdated version, so I can't tell how that corresponds with the names we're using here, such as L48.

      It wouldn't show the most recently discovered SNPs.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic